MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Meditation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meditation
Do you think meditation should be a big part of improving your eyesight?
This video made me feel so relaxed: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rSmxsVHPE">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rSmxsVHPE</a><!-- m -->
And I did notice some improvement. Just focusing on how natural you breathe. Has anyone tried this?
Do you think it's right if I continue doing this, while palming?
Kayla Wrote:Do you think meditation should be a big part of improving your eyesight?
This video made me feel so relaxed: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rSmxsVHPE">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rSmxsVHPE</a><!-- m -->
And I did notice some improvement. Just focusing on how natural you breathe. Has anyone tried this?
Do you think it's right if I continue doing this, while palming?

Let me put it this way. Meditation wasn't well known in Bate's era in the US, and therefore aside from the obvious fact that the palms are over the eyes (nomenclature), you are basically meditating. What you do with your eyes closed, palms over your eyes, is a case by case basis. Think of a color, a dot, a shape, perfect black… Those are things Bates advocated. Some of his teachers advocate using mental imagery, or just plain normal meditation, with the only difference being that your pose is palms over your eyes in a comfortable position. No lotus. Just doesn't seem ergonomic (at least to me) when your palms are over your eyes.

David recommends watching your breathing (or was it another teacher?) while palming.

Two of your main goals are relaxation and results. So if it is getting you both, then go for it! No negative side effects I can think of (time constraints aside), so it sounds fine!
Thanks for the feedback!
Relaxation and results is all that I'll concentrate on for now.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now