MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Mental advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental advice
Today I was in the car and the sun was shining, it was amazing. Anyway i was shifting stuff at a very far distance.. for about a minute it wasn't getting my clearer, so then a car overtakes at speed I turn my attention to it after it was about a good 20 meter+ away. Then to my amazement I could read the number plate... then I lost mental control blinked and it was gone..

What I'm saying is I had a long clear flash and as soon as i realised it was actually 2/30+ vision I lost it! How fustrating... Maybe I'm scared of clear vision.. but how can that be?

I don't know what to do when I have a clear flash... So tough
I'm in similiar situation to you but as I can assume I have little more experience with it because I'm experiencing clear flashes for few months since "my bates method enlightment". So from my experience when I'm getting sponatenous clear flash it mostly fades after blinking. The thing you can't do is to start straining and stop blinking to ensure that the flash you have will be kept for long as possible. I have done it myself, when flash occured I knew it will fade after blink so I stopped blinking for longest as I could to enjoy clear vision. But this isn't helpful because with stopping to blink your vision starts to worsen and comfort of seeing also lowers. So when I have learned this and getting clear flashes became not something exotic but regular I have made new strategy. Always when I'm getting clear flash I try to don't strain, I'm not stopping blinking and I'm not frustrated if clear vision fades after blink (it mostly fades). The thing I noticed with this new method is the fact that when I get clear flash and I just normally blink, after 1-3 blinks another flash of clear vision comes up etc. etc. That never happened when I have been forcing to don't blink while getting flash. ( I got clear flash, forced to don't blink for long period of time and then when my eyes went so tearful and I couldn't see anything I finally blinked and the vision was even worse than before the flash...).

So if you have clear flash enjoy vision but not in cost of blinking, shifting. Don't panic, keep calm, breathe and maybe some day clear flash won't fade after blink! Think more that you deserve it and your eyes were desinged to see clear and so many people in the world have perfect vision. Why shouldn't you have vision like them? Smile

Regarding those clear flashes, can someone who have experienced a flashes that haven't faded after blink to speak up how he achieved this? That's my goal to get that kind of flash.
Shambles,

Actually fear of clear flashes apparently isn't very uncommon. I started a thread on here about the subject that would probably be worthwhile for you to read.

Skywalker,

Actually yesterday I had some nice clear flashes. I'm not sure if it's what you were thinking of though because I maintained them for a total period of probably 3 minutes, with a few seconds of no clear flashes, and most of them varying with each blink, as well as usually being every 2 of three blinks that actually had them. Also I think for myself that I can get over the "oolala" of the flashes right now and so I'll try for a while to "avoid my good vision" as one of Bates' students put it in either one of Bates' books or an article in the Better Eyesight Magazine.

I'm not stopping my good looking habits and practicing the method, but when I get a clear flash instead of reveling at the clarity (which I've normally done and did on that time), I'll just go about with good looking habits and practically ignore the clear flash. With the exception of palming afterwards for a few minutes. Although if I remember correctly you found just closing you eyes to be better for yourself than palming, in which case that would be better for you instead of palming.

Also, at the end of my 3 times with really long periods of clear flashes my eyes have been sore for several minutes and my vision deteriorated after the flashes. For the first time it was about a month, the second time a week, and yesterday an hour. So, I'm not quite sure if it is just that my eyes were releasing loads of strain with the clear flashes, or it I was straining either during or after. But I'll try to be more attentive to that in the future.
Type flash, flashes in the search bar; there is alot of posts on here about it.

Often realizing the vison is clear makes the mind start thinking too much, interferring with the eyes completely natural automatic function causing the flash to disappear. Allow the eyes to blink, continue to shift, practice. Then don't practice; see if the clarity returns when not thinking about the eyes. Just relax and enjoy looking at the scenery.
Skywalker Wrote:So when I have learned this and getting clear flashes became not something exotic but regular I have made new strategy. Always when I'm getting clear flash I try to don't strain, I'm not stopping blinking and I'm not frustrated if clear vision fades after blink (it mostly fades). The thing I noticed with this new method is the fact that when I get clear flash and I just normally blink, after 1-3 blinks another flash of clear vision comes up etc. etc. That never happened when I have been forcing to don't blink while getting flash. ( I got clear flash, forced to don't blink for long period of time and then when my eyes went so tearful and I couldn't see anything I finally blinked and the vision was even worse than before the flash...).
Regarding those clear flashes, can someone who have experienced a flashes that haven't faded after blink to speak up how he achieved this? That's my goal to get that kind of flash

In a sense you have answered your own question - to better maintain a flash, you cannot interfere with it in any way - don't try to manipulate or force your eyes to do anything, because if you try to exert any kind of unnatural effort, you invite the tension right back in a heartbeat. That includes suppressing your blinking, stopping the easy, natural constant movement, not keeping your point of interest changing, even getting overly excited. As Clark said, what we're talking about here is an autonomic function, driven primarily by parts of the brain that we don't have voluntary control over. But our voluntary efforts and emotions will keep getting mixed up with it, keep interfering, and keep sabotaging the flash. There is in a sense nothing to do to maintain it, but keep the level of relaxation going that allowed it to happen in the first place. As it takes no effort to relax, it takes no effort to keep relaxing. So simple in concept, so difficult in practice. Bates had some patients practice 'dodging' their good sight, because they initially got too overwhelmed by it or tried to do unnatural things to manipulate it. But it sounds like you are starting to better differentiate between what is effort, and what is not. And you see that they do come back when you don't try to keep them hostage. Pay attention to what is changing internally also, because at some point you will be able to better identify what is was that you let go of (what strain, what tension) the more aware you can become of that, the more likely you will be able to repeat it, and extend it.

Regards,

Andrew

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now