MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
need a little guidance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need a little guidance
Hi All,

First of all let me say that this is a great forum with awesome people that are trying to help each other out.

Here's my story:
I've been prescribed glasses when I was 16 when I started seeing a little blur on the board. Guess what prescription : -1.5 BAM! way too much. Anyway, without really knowing anything about eyes at that aga, i have regressed to about current -2.25 R and -.2.75 L. Have been at this for about 4 years ever since i started Ortho-K (night time wear lenses) But due to spring allergies had togo without them for several days, and then decided to give them up for good. Eyes are back to -2.25 / -2.75 right now.

I have been doing a lot of reading on this forum and from what I understand relaxation is key. I have been trying to relax my eyes without trying for the last couple of weeks with some success.
In the morning hours it is very easy for me to generate something that looks like a clear flash by just closing my eyes for a few seconds, breathing out and opening them fast. What i see is not 100% sharp, but parts of it are, it is kind of weird. Sometimes when i do it, some text is doubling, etc and I usually cannot hold this for more than a few blinks and then i strain... Later in the day, it is much harder to generate these flashes and they are no longer 100% clear.

I have tried palming but i literally fall asleep after about 2 minutes, so ican't really do it.
Also, my job is pretty much 8 hours in from of a computer screen.

Any advice on how to proceed from here? and does anyone have similar experiences?

Thank You

~Wir3
wir3 Wrote:Hi All,

First of all let me say that this is a great forum with awesome people that are trying to help each other out.

Here's my story:
I've been prescribed glasses when I was 16 when I started seeing a little blur on the board. Guess what prescription : -1.5 BAM! way too much. Anyway, without really knowing anything about eyes at that aga, i have regressed to about current -2.25 R and -.2.75 L. Have been at this for about 4 years ever since i started Ortho-K (night time wear lenses) But due to spring allergies had togo without them for several days, and then decided to give them up for good. Eyes are back to -2.25 / -2.75 right now.

I have been doing a lot of reading on this forum and from what I understand relaxation is key. I have been trying to relax my eyes without trying for the last couple of weeks with some success.
In the morning hours it is very easy for me to generate something that looks like a clear flash by just closing my eyes for a few seconds, breathing out and opening them fast. What i see is not 100% sharp, but parts of it are, it is kind of weird. Sometimes when i do it, some text is doubling, etc and I usually cannot hold this for more than a few blinks and then i strain... Later in the day, it is much harder to generate these flashes and they are no longer 100% clear.

I have tried palming but i literally fall asleep after about 2 minutes, so ican't really do it.
Also, my job is pretty much 8 hours in from of a computer screen.

Any advice on how to proceed from here? and does anyone have similar experiences?

Thank You

~Wir3

Yes, relaxation is key. You got that one nailed down solid.

Palming works for some and not others. I strained the first 3 months that I palmed, I just couldn't get it at that time and found closing my eyes to be more relaxing. Then I progressed to being able to palm properly which certainly helps when I do it.

So, you should find what works best for you. I've found the swings, palming, posture, central fixation while being aware of the surroundings etc. to help me personally. Remember also that your ENTIRE BODY should get relaxed, not just your eyes. Your eyes straining is often a result of you straining somewhere else.

Computer work, I'm still working on figuring that our myself. The main thing is to remember to not strain, allow your eyes to shift, stay relaxed, and figure out how to look at the screen while doing all that, which includes not craning your neck to see. Depending on your setup, you might be able to just move the screen closer and you will be fine.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download