MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Part 2 Bates Method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part 2 Bates Method
Hello, can someone please send me part 2. I am very interested in doing these exercises and part 2 isn't up. I'm willing to have the old version as the new one isn't up yet. Thanks
Wait for it; David's gonna post the best!
Is there any date when he will post it, its been about 7 months (from December). I don't want to wait too long. I want to get started doing some exercises besides the palming and frequent blinking. Could some one post at least 1 exercise from part 2? David wants better vision (My name is David as well lol)
I deleted my copy when David posted he is making a new one. Go to Googlebooks and you will find a lot of free help. Many books on there are free and a few you can download as PDF. Not perfectly clear in the free ones but enough to help.
Alright thanks
Mostly done. I like what I have so far. I have some notes for a few more important things to add. I'm letting it drag on a little because I want to make sure I'm not going to be changing my opinions anytime soon. I think it's close.

I still have the old "part 2", but I think the part about seeing the previous point worse was bad advice. So I took the good parts and I'm replacing the whole thing, parts 1 and 2, with something new and larger.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Seeing the previous point worse is kind of like how Dr. Bates says to ‘see parts of an object you are not looking directly at, 'the peripheral field' worse, less clear than the part you are looking directly at, central field’. This works, especially for people with very unclear vision who find it hard to see the central field clearest; so Bates has them ‘just notice that the peripheral is less clear than the central while they look at the central’.
Bates has the person reduce the space between two objects; the objects becoming smaller and closer together; example (two tiny dots . . placed side by side) and continue to look at one dot at a time, using the central field (fovea) and be able to notice that the dot the eyes are not looking at is seen worse, less clear; that’s because it’s in the peripheral field, away from the fovea/retinas exact central field. Shift back and forth from dot to dot seeing one dot at a time clearest, in the central field. The central field, fovea moves with the eyes from dot to dot. When the patient can do this; he then realizes the central field, object the eyes are looking directly at is clearest. Eyesight improves.

For myself (my vision is clear) I find it easier to just see the central clearest, moving the eyes, central field where I want to look and let the peripheral take care of itself. I know the peripheral is less clear but I don’t need to notice, think about it because the object of mental, visual attention is in the central.
I find that noticing the peripheral is worse is kind of against central fixation; because the mind is thinking about the peripheral and central while looking at the central. Two different things at the same time=diffusion, tension, blur. To notice the peripheral is less clear as an observation, as Bates teaches can help but it’s not meant to be done continuously as the normal way to use the eyes, mind.

The eyes, brain pick up the central and peripheral fields but the focus of mental, visual attention is in the central in order to see that object clearest.
I can look at a picture of my boyfriend on the wall, (place it in the central field), think of him, see the picture clearest and at the same time my peripheral vision sees other objects in the room around the picture; a lamp, table, clock... My eyes and brain are aware of the other objects, they are basically clear and the objects closest to the central object ‘picture’ being more clear but are still less clear than the picture in the central field. If I try to see, think about the picture in the central field and the other objects in the peripheral at the same; my brain, eyes start to strain and my thinking spaces out, vision eventually lowers. If I keep the mind, eyes on the picture, central field and shift on it part to part; my eyes, brain are relaxed, function best, vision clear. If the eyes, brain are attracted to something in the peripheral field; I move the eyes, central field to/upon it. The eyes, brain are now shifting part to part on that object; it’s seen clear and the eyes, brain function normally.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download