MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hobbies that Help with the Bates Methods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbies that Help with the Bates Methods
Hi,

I've been trying to incorporate the Bate's method into more of a lifestyle change, and the way I've been going about that is to try and find new hobbies that encourages the Bate's method of seeing more. I think it makes it more fun especially for the numerous times where I am not getting any small leaps in results. I've been thinking of:

-drawing, helps with centralization
-bicycling maybe? Helps with movement
-any sports in general

Can any of you add to the list with your finding?
They say that playing ping pong is very beneficial to your eyesight ... it should help with CF, movement and speed ...
I think frisbee is good. I always practice CF when I play. It also helps to perceive movement, such as in the long swing practice.
Coloring helps shifting and central fixation. Baseball; practice throwing a ball at a target; practice with each hand, arm till perfect with each. Dexterity.

My teacher Thomas Quackenbush had us Juggle. I use colored tennis balls and do the Cross crawl. It integrates the brain hemispheres improving the brains function with the eyes.

Dancing, music.
Most any sport in general for sure. Running incorporates constant movement, and if you go barefoot properly, not only are you strengthening your legs and feet, but you have to continuously scan the ground so that you don't step on something that could hurt.
Horace Wrote:-bicycling maybe? Helps with movement

My daily bicycle tour is my best practice time.
I can see - very relaxed - far distant objects, changing landscapes, different distances and light conditions.
It usually takes a short time to get accustomed to look at the far distant objects, especially when I had been inside before for serveral hours, but then it is amazing how many details I can see clearly in the bright sunshine.
Tennis is good too. Watching the ball moving back and forth as you hit or receive it helps in some way.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now