MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bates method gives me head and eye ache ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates method gives me head and eye ache ?
Hi,

So. I've started the Bates method around 3 months ago. Up untill now I am swinging, palming, sunning and using David's method of looking at things. My left eye is -4.25 and a cylinder of -1.25 while my right eye is -2.25 and a cylinder of -1.25 as well.

Since I started there has been no progress whatsoever. But that's the least of my worries right now, because since a week or so I have been dealing with headaches and even eye pain in my right eye. Now I have never ever experienced headaches when using my glasses or contacts, let alone experienced any pain in my eyes. So this is very worrying to me. I am wondering why this is happening, since I my feeling is telling me it has to do with the fact that I am not wearing any glasses. But why now ? why after 3 months ? Why not earlier ?

I am thinking of putting back my contacts in, because the headache and eye ache is now accompanied by getting weird dreams at night. Every night I am dreaming stupid things. (such as for instance having to go to an exam, but not being able to find the damn classroom ... [I am 37 and have finished college a long time ago]) ...

Anyone have an idea of what's going on here ? Because it's starting to get to me for real now ...

Lex
You are straining to see. See if you can notice how (squinting, clenching your jaw, narrowing your gaze by squeezing your temples, etc.). The goal is to learn to let that strain go and allow the clear images to come in.

My guess on the dreams is that your hidden fears (realistic or not) are coming up. The contacts were hiding these from you, keeping you from seeing yourself clearly. Like I tell my students, vision improvement is a lot more than how clearly you see the eye chart. Every new shred of awareness is to be celebrated, whether you like the content or not, as it's a sign you are waking up your sensory system.
The thing is that i thought i was not straining .. Im not squinting nor am i squeezing my eyes. Also i have accepted the bl
ur and just look at details of blur. But the pain is in the back of the right eye. Prety deep. My left eye has no problems though it has much more blur...
The left eye may not be trying while the right eye is. Patch the right eye and see if the same thing happens -- my guess is it won't (unless you're trying to see through the patch). I can always be wrong, of course, but am going on my own experience. I was shocked to find out how much I was visually straining. Better to know than not to know, so you can start to turn it around.

The pain in the right eye may also be old pain that has been there for a long time and you are just now becoming aware of it. Many healers and teachers talk about a "healing aggravation" or "healing crisis" where it seems the pain is getting worse as you heal, but it's really just coming up to be released from the body, a good thing. Stay with it and keep noticing your reactions to the work.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now