MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Just came back from an eye checkup.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just came back from an eye checkup.
So nothing much happened in two years.

I'm not quite sure how much my prescription has changed. I think it got slightly worse...

I'm not sure. She told me she does not understand how I can manage day to day life without glasses...

To be honest the entire test seems so inaccurate esp the diopter bit, it can vary so much.

I function near 20/40 without glasses in bright sunlight, prolonged flashes (UK good weather).

However I'm still not so good in dimmer light.

Apparently I have astigmatism, although I don't quite understand what test was used?

-2 left <---------------> -2.25 right with 0.5 astigmatism..
Shambles,

Be aware that those machines... the doctors use in the exam can cause neck tension, limits normal eye shifting and other functions. I also don't like that new machine eye-scan thing they are doing before the vision test in the other machine. The exam, machine can cause temporary less clear vision and astigmatism during the exam. Most doctors like to try their best to place an astigmatism section in the eyeglasses knowing it will quickly increase the blur, maintain, increase the astigmatism. More eyeglass sales, then pitch for lasik.

Have you been testing your vision at home with an eyechart before and after the doctor's test?

Eye doctors seem to use only the machines now, making everything in the eye test as difficult as possible; prevents the eyes best, normal function. Thank goodness the military needs people with clear vision so the Govt. does not allow eye doctors to rule the drivers test. They use machines at the DMV, RMV but the whole process is less stressful, more relaxed so the eyesight is best as possible.
yes on an eye chart my eyes are easily 20/70

However on the seat I as struggling with 20/200 line.

I was on a bike (gym) doing cardio with a few friends, we maxed it up to 100 resistance and went for 30 minutes. My friend has clear vision near the end he said, 'bruv so tired losing my vision cant even see the tv properly'

when under stress a clear flash for me is nearly impossible.
Sounds like next time you go you need to be as relaxed as possible and focus on staying relaxed. Treat it like a fun field trip to your favorite video game maker's headquarters.

My next exam is coming up in less than 3 months, so I'll get to see how I do and how I've done. I'll let you know how it goes.
It sounds like your actual uncorrected vision is actually 20/200.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now