MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Warning, Side Effects of some methods people try to advise

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Warning, Side Effects of some methods people try to advise
David,

Maybe you can post a special page on the main website and Forum stating the side effects, harm of some methods; lasik, plus lens, minus lens, always wearing sunglasses, tinted, UV blocking lenses, contact lenses and the cleaning solutions, products, 3-cups, extreme artificial 3-D video games, unnecessary chiropractic especially on the neck... so people know ahead of time what to avoid and David, all of us won't have to endlessly watch the forum for people posting advice that can cause injury and burn out re-typing warnings about the effects of these methods.

We can even post videos of the effects of these methods. I seen some good ones on Lasik, contact lenses from TV news shows on YouTube.
I rewrote a page about possible side effects from glasses and contacts and will be putting it up with the rest of the new stuff at some point. I didn't think about contacts cleaning solutions, so that would be another thing to add. I plan on doing a small page about LASIK too, with some links. For that and anything else, maybe you could post some links in this thread, and if I feel like I understand it well enough I could add another page on them.

LASIK is pretty easy, because there are so many documented short term complications even among "successful" operations, even if the long term effects over 10 or 20 years will be unknown for a while yet.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Sounds good. Will be in a little while, lot work to do. I have a lot of things in that long scatter brained rant I did in the past on the plus and other... lenses. Have continued to refine it, make simpler for a new copyright. Will add in all methods that have side effects and keep it short, simple as can for each method. Will post it here when it's ready. Adding to avoid the eyeglass lens prescription in the cataract replacement lens in the eye article too. It's like the lasik in one way; the person can't do complete natural eyesight practice because the changing eye shape and vision, light ray focus back to normal due to Bates method won't fit the prescription etched into the eyes lens or cornea. Thomas Quackenbush has a similar post on his website about lasik.

While I am here;
Is your old Bates timeline, history coming back? I miss it. His studies, years of hospital, clinic... work. I used it to compare with 3 other sites, some old, new books and the medical articles I bought from you when writing about it. Popular stuff. Students love it.
I still have the timeline of Bates's work. Maybe I just didn't convert it to PHP for the new site, but I'll find a spot for it.

Just recently someone pointed out that the Martin Brofman and Maurizio CAgnoli articles were dead links. I had already converted those to the new site too but had missed uploading them.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Still working on this. Will give the pdf and word copy to David.

Another suggestion; Is there a way to get live group video on the website? Multiple Skype or other video windows where we can discuss Bates Method.
Maybe teachers can join. Greg Marsh has something like that; http://www.bettereyesightnow.com/index.php
It's easier to teach a method with audio, video; people learn fast. They can record it for future study.
Live video might be possible, but seeing as how nobody is even using the chat room, I don't think it would be worth the effort.
Site Administrator

Duh, I did not know the chat room has video! I was on this morning. Realized I needed Firefox to make it work. Will sign on again.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download