MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
A few questions about reduced lenses and more

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions about reduced lenses and more
Here's a little back story for you:
I started reading about Natural Vision Improvement in November 2011 and started applying it randomly starting in March without a really clear understanding of how to do it properly. I purchased the book Relearning to See by Thomas Quackenbush and I started reading it without having gotten very far yet.

My prescription for my glasses for the past 4 years have been -4.5 and haven't changed one bit, and went up by -0.25 every two years before that up until it got to -4.5. In January and February, I was in a remote town for schooling and spent a lot of time watching TV shows and movies on my laptop, laying in bed and I noticed my eyes kept feeling strained. After I returned to the city at the end of February, I saw my optometrist and told him about it. He didn't know what was wrong and gave me practically the same prescription with a slight astigmatism (R:-4.5 x -0.5; L:-4.25x-1.25).

I ordered some lenses at -4x-0.5 and -3.75x-1.25 respectively, and I began to relax my eyes more and noticed an improvement, but I still wore my glasses at all times.Then I ordered -3.5x-0.5 and -3.25x-1.25 respectively and continued on with improvement. I switched to -2.75x-0.5 and -2.5x-1.25 respectively and since then I haven't seen much improvement, which was in April. Those lenses are only slightly blurry now, so I decided to switch it up a little and remove the astigmatism correction about two weeks ago, which started to bother my eyes at first but don't anymore.

I now have -2 lenses for both eyes in one pair of glasses, and -1 lenses for both eyes in another pair. I avoid wearing glasses as much as possible, but my lifestyle requires me to wear them often (lots of computer usage, lots of night driving). I wear my -1 lenses while at work (I don't work at a computer, but where I work I have to be able to see somewhat clearly at a distance and I do a lot of close work where I don't wear my glasses), I don't need to wear glasses to drive during daylight so I don't if I am driving somewhere familiar and have already memorized the signs and paths. When driving in the dark, I wear my -2 lenses but I still can't see very clearly and I usually have a passenger to help me read signs and such, but whenever I wear my -2.75/-2.5 lenses, my eyes just hurt a lot even though it's slightly blurry.

I try to avoid wearing glasses when watching TV, which helps me relax when I'm stressed, since my TV is 7 feet away from my chair I can see it clearly enough to understand what's going on, but if I'm watching TV at another person's house, they usually have it farther away and I have to wear my -2 lenses to see it. I wear my -2 lenses when at the computer as well. I don't know if that's better than just bringing the monitor up close and zooming in without glasses or not. I have a program on my computer that pops up every ten minutes, and I palm for 15 seconds and look at something in the distance for ten seconds (usually outside the window).

I haven't seen an optometrist since I've started but there are no behavioral optometrists in my city of which I know, and none of them are helpful at all with helping me with my eyes always feeling strained. I live in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. If anyone knows of one here, that would be very helpful.

Regardless of how often I blink, my eyes always gets dry, specially when I'm wearing my glasses and even more so when I'm working at the computer. I've read that eye drops are bad for your eyes but my eyes get so dry that I cannot go without using them, sometimes on an hourly basis.

So finally, here are my questions:

1. If anyone knows of a way I can find a behavioral optometrist in my city who can help me, I'd be very grateful if you can point me in the right direction. A natural vision teacher would help as well since I could not find one here either.

2. What should I do with my computer situation, keep doing what I'm doing with my -2 lenses, or not wear glasses and bring up my monitor with the text zoomed in? (Most of what I do on the computer is reading and typing)

3. What can I do to make it easier on my eyes and my safety when it comes to driving at night, since I do that a lot?

4. What can I do about my eyes always getting dry?

I will continue to read the book I mentioned and learn more about these methods.

Thanks to anyone who can lend me a hand!
Sorry about the long post!
*sigh*
I suppose my story is too long for anyone to read... Just skip to the questions; I'd really like to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks,
Daqwenia

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download