MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Seeing Black

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeing Black
Okay so I did some reading on bates idea of seeing black with your eyes closed being an indication of good eyesight (in his book and other places) but in a few places it often said that when you don't see this black colour but different colours such as grey and brown, it is an indication of STRAIN, particularly mental strain.

So as we know that bad eyesight is caused by strain as well as the incorrect functioning of the eye, if it is true that these array of colours are only due to mental strain it then can highlight the problem.

In my case I think I see black, it may not be perfect but I definitely don't see arrays of colours when I close my eyes. This makes me wonder if this means that my poor eyesight is purely physical and not mental.

I hope for a good bit of feedback on this, not just opinions but even if people could say how bad there eyesight is, and what colours do they see when the close their eyes and palm.

Thank you in advance for any help. Smile
I used to have great difficulty seeing black. Every time I'd palm I'd see different colours 'dancing' together, including red, darkish green, orange yellow and sometimes purple. Though this was very discouraging for me, I persisted with palming and within a few days, I could see a solid darkish green, sometimes a solid moroonish colour. Although this wasn't black, I still thought it was a good improvement. Fastforward to the present, I can now see black, if only for a few seconds. When I palm, the screen is mostly black, I'd say 90% black and there are a few seconds when I can see total black, but it disappears as soon as I notice.

Hope that helps Smile
That's odd, I'm not bragging but even though I have an eyesight of 20/400 I always see black when I close my eyes. Does anyone know why this is or if it eliminates any certain cause of my eye strain?
I'm not sure but perhaps you're seeing a shade of black and not 'pure black'? The reason I'm saying this is because Dr. Bates says in his book, "It is impossible to see a perfect black unless the eyesight is perfect, because
only when the eyesight is perfect is the mind at rest."

He also mentions that by seeing perfect black, the mind is able to attain total relaxation, which leads to clear vision (through the elimination of mental strain). You can read more under the chapter "Palming" in Dr. Bates' book "Perfect Sight without Glasses."
Iwant2cdammit Wrote:That's odd, I'm not bragging but even though I have an eyesight of 20/400 I always see black when I close my eyes. Does anyone know why this is or if it eliminates any certain cause of my eye strain?

Your visual field shall become a three-dimensional space of blackness.
If you just see a flat ordered two-dimensional blackness then you have a lot left to improve regarding relaxation of your eyes. Instead it should be near a feeling of an out of the body experience, because there is no real location, because you cannot really locate your body in the space. You shall also be able to feel motion when the eyes are closed. If you have real mental control it shall also actually be possible to be able to switch and see another color instead of black, for instance just see light blue, or just see yellow mixed with green, or just see purple.
If you are really relaxed then the blackness might all of a sudden turn into a beautiful dream instead and then it could happen that it is almost impossible to turn off the dream and see blackness again, I don't know why that is the case, but I think there are different kinds of levels:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination</a><!-- m -->
Wow, thanks for the info, hammer!!

Just a clarification....are we supposed to 'see' black or are we supposed to 'imagine' it?
Wow that is interesting, I never heard anything about that so is it true that people with normal eyesight really see like that?
virtualninjaface Wrote:Wow, thanks for the info, hammer!!

Just a clarification....are we supposed to 'see' black or are we supposed to 'imagine' it?

Black is a reference, since it is a metaphor of relaxed vision.
You need to remember what black is and how it feels like to see black.
Then later you imagine black and the feeling of seeing black, in order to tune into relaxed seeing (biofeedback).
As a consequence you shall see black.
Iwant2cdammit Wrote:Wow that is interesting, I never heard anything about that so is it true that people with normal eyesight really see like that?

Yes, that is true, but I talk about natural clear vision and not normal vision.
1 % of all people have natural clear vision, the rest have strained poor vision in some way or the other.
Thanks hammer! Today for the first time I saw 'proper' black, if only for about 2 seconds. The feeling of relaxation that caressed my mind was indescribable...I had slightly improved vision which lasted for about 20 minutes. I lost my improved vision because I still continued my poor visual habits such as staring and lack of central fixation. This has really motivated me and I can't wait to do some more sunning followed by palming tomorrow! Cheers.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now