MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Logging my Progress

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logging my Progress
I hope David doesn't mind, I'm gonna use this board as my NVI journal. Feel free to chirp in, comment ask questions or just drop by to spread a little love ;D

Palming:
The first technique I started out with was palming. At first, I didn't 'get' what palming was about. I failed to see how just sitting their with your eyes closed could get you any benefit. Besides, I'm a nervous twitchy person and palming for me was just an overdose of a million thoughts in my mind. Finally today, after a nice sleepy 15 minutes of sunning, I palmed (while laying down) and I saw the deepest shade of black I've ever seen, for about 2 - 3 seconds. It was unbelievably *relaxing*. I felt like a cooling mist had enveloped my mind and for those few seconds there was absolutely no strain/tension throughout my whole body. When I opened my eyes, I was excited to note improved vision. I could make out the contours of the leaves of the big tree in my back yard and I could make out the frames of my neighbours windows. It was pretty cool. However, I lost this within 20 minutes. Felt kinda sad. I still have to keep reminding myself not to stare and I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to learn to central fixate.

Accomodation:
Later on, I stood at my window and practiced accomodation. I alternated my gaze from focusing on my thumbnail (which I held a few inches away from my nose) and a cluster of trees on a distant hill. I did this for about 5 minutes and when I looked away, I noticed that my sight had improved in the same way as described above. This time it stayed for about 1.5 hours.

Goodbye Glasses, I won't Miss ya!
When I first joined the forum, I was seriously questioning how I'd go about my daily life without glasses, especially as I am a student and do a lot of reading and computer work. I was also looking into getting a reduced prescription. For a while, I actually wore my sis's spare glasses (-4.00 diops). I also had a brief stint with plus lenses (see this post http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...f=1&t=2547 Lol, I ain't doing that again! So as much as I got my brand new spects just a few months ago, I've locked them away at the back of my dresser never to see the light of day; ha!

Improvements in my vision:
I firmly believe your progress should just be measured in diopters. Even little improvements like no more headaches, or no more dry eyes should be counted as achievements. My improvements include:
[*] My eyes look less bulgy.
[*] I have less lines around my eyes.
[*] I seem to have fewer red veins around my irises (since I've not worn my contacts for about a month now.
[*] My sis says I have a more calm, composed look on my face.
[*] I'm not so nervous anymore.
[*] Less strain, fewer headaches.
[*] Better sleep.
[*] Less irritability, kinder to my sister (so she says), less anger mgt problems Wink

My stumbling blocks right now:
[*] Don't have a test chart yet
[*] Eye strain because of late night computer work and studying
[*] Don't know how I'm goinna teach myself central fixation
[*] Lack of time to practice
[*] Not being able to see clearly > 6 inches away without my glasses and the temptation to put them back on

I'm excited for what tomorrow's going to bring me and I pray for a quickest recovery for myself and all the good people on this lovely forum. Cheers!
I'm now keeping a small diary where I write down quotes from vision improvement material that I come across. Here's one from the Better Eyesight Mag:

"All errors of refraction are caused by a strain of the extrinsic muscles. As soon as this strain is removed, by perfect relaxation, the eyeball resumes its natural shape and there is no error of refraction."

That's all there is to it, people. Most of us like to complete things and we try to convince ourselves that myopia cure can't be that straight forward or simple.
Last night I fell asleep while palming. I woke up this morning and to my delight, I could see the railings of my window quite clearly! I could also see the patterns on my curtain. It was wonderful feeling.

I didn't pay much attention to it after that because I'm moving house and was busy with the boxing and packing, but the clear flash wore off by 11am.

My eyes feel rather tired tonight (even though I had an afternoon nap). However, I'm still going to do the palming-before-bed routine. Let's see how my vision is tomorrow!

I should also mention that I do this palming while lying down. This tires out my elbows/hands but after a while I forget about the pain and just fall asleep.

I look forward to each day and I live my life with acceptance, responsibilty and unconditional love for all.
You might try putting an extra pillow under each arm to prop it up, so your arms don't get tired when you palm lying down. The less strain anywhere in your body, the better!
thanks for the tip Nancy!

Well, I'm on vacation now, without my glasses. Surprisingly, I'm getting comfortably along with it. I have to travel to unfamiliar places with the company of someone but other than that, everyday is a day of gratitude for my vision. I try to look at others worse than me and show appreciation for what I have.

While travelling I used my sister's old - 3.5 D spects and I was comfortable with them. Iestimate my visionm is about 4.75 now, but that's my untrained opinion.

Many times I feel like the moment I can relax completely, I'll be cured. It could even take 5 mins! That day is coming up alright, I can feel it.
Great news virtualninjaface!

Here are reply's to your list;

[*] My eyes look less bulgy. Good. The eye is changing to normal shape, eye muscles relaxing. My cousin used to have football like long eyes. After stopping glasses, doing Bates method her eyes are nice and round. You can usually tell if a person has unclear eyesight by the way the eyes shape looks and if the eyelids are nice and even, curved=good sight. irregular, uneven...=unclear eyesight.
[*] I have less lines around my eyes. Maybe cause no squinting, no stress.
[*] I seem to have fewer red veins around my irises (since I've not worn my contacts for about a month now. Good oxygen, circulation, tears and eye muscles relaxed also improves circulation, normal eye pressure
[*] My sis says I have a more calm, composed look on my face. Muscles, nerves in neck, head, eyes relaxed.
[*] I'm not so nervous anymore. Bates method relaxation, similar to good meditation or self relaxation techniques. Also improves mind, thoughts, emotions.
[*] Less strain, fewer headaches. Neck, head, eyes relaxed, functioning correct, no squinting, no trying, straining to see. Using eyes correct, becoming automatic.
[*] Better sleep. Unclear vision, especially astigmatism can disrupt sleep. Clear eyesight; mind relaxed, everything relaxed, positive mind, thoughts bring happy dreams, deep sleep. Eyes moving easy in sleep, during dreams, REM, not disrupting sleep.
[*] Less irritability, kinder to my sister (so she says), less anger mgt problems Wink All of the above. I'm sure I have not listed everything.

My stumbling blocks right now:
[*] Don't have a test chart yet I can give you one to print out. There a a lot on the internet. Go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.i-see.org">www.i-see.org</a><!-- w --> but avoid their Plus lens ads.
[*] Eye strain because of late night computer work and studying Look to the distance. Get up and move, massage the shoulders. Read the new post on placing a clear plastic sheet on the screen to provide a more natural 3-d reflection on the new thin monitor screens. Is like looking thorough a window which is not the best for vision but I find it helps. Must be even; no curves, dents or it will be like looking through a uneven window pane distorting objects. Its used like a mirror on the screen so set it up so reflects a distant view; open window...
[*] Don't know how I'm goinna teach myself central fixation David's looking at details. Also; the looking close and far (with shifting) is helping you; central fixation occurs automatically with shifting. Just face the object you want to see. Try some fine detailed shifting on tiny parts; point to point using you fovea. Then just leave the eyes alone, let them function completely natural on their own. If the vision is clearing; you have central fixation.
[*] Lack of time to practice Let it become automatic. I use that looking close and far entire life and it was only needed 1-2 times a year for 15-20 min a day only 1-3 days year. You can throw in a 20 second practice once in a while; looking at close and far street signs, poles in line with eachother. You can vary the close objects distance.
Rest of the time; do shifting... as a easy habit all the time but don't think about practicing; forget about the eyes, let them do it on their own, automatically; if your clear; its working.
Bates advice is the best; its normal for vision to fluctuate. Don't worrying if it goes up and down. Avoid glasses, avoid squinting... and it always returns to clearest.
[*] Not being able to see clearly > 6 inches away without my glasses and the temptation to put them back on Read and shift on fine print. It really works.
I am so very happy you decided not to use the plus lens. They cause addition to reading glasses, goof up the close vision... Use the fine print instead or shift on tiny details of a stone, flower. Blink, relax. This improves close vision and automatically improves far vision. A natural alternative to plus lens.

Your improvement is inspiring! Great way to start the day reading this positive post.
Thanks Clarknight!!

I'm really excited my vision is really improving noticeably!! I'd soon like to post my story on the net as a success story!!
Long time no post. is there any improvement in yours eyes.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download