MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Practicing with myopia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practicing with myopia
Hi again,

Okay so I've read quite a bit of the material on this sight and I pretty much understand it all know, I plan. To start practicing hard from today onwards. I've done a bit here and their bu I was only trying out some stuff.

One question I have is to do with the practice, I have bad enough myopia, everything blurs after 1ft so obviously practising with a chart at distance is going to be quiet blurry, is it okay to start 2-3ft away and work out or is it counterproductive?

Thanks Smile
Put the chart close enough so you can make out the first few lines. I wish I'd known this when I started, as I avoided the chart completely, since I could barely see the big C at the top more than a foot or 2 away, I had so much strain. Start where you are -- don't try to fit yourself into a program that works for someone else if it doesn't work for you. Move the chart back when your vision starts improving, and look easily, not straining.
Nancy Wrote:Put the chart close enough so you can make out the first few lines. I wish I'd known this when I started, as I avoided the chart completely, since I could barely see the big C at the top more than a foot or 2 away, I had so much strain. Start where you are -- don't try to fit yourself into a program that works for someone else if it doesn't work for you. Move the chart back when your vision starts improving, and look easily, not straining.
Is it OK to hold the chart in your hand?
It's fine to hold the chart in your hand. When it starts to feel too close this way and the practice too easy, prop it up and start moving back. Play with different distances.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now