MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
weaker vision in one eye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weaker vision in one eye
I notice that my left eye has a slightly worse vision than my right, perhaps from 0.5 to 0.75 diopter. I can tell when reading the clock at a distance that I am really just using my right eye and the left sees blurred numbers when I alternately close each eye. Do you try to patch the good eye and exercise the weaker eye? Is there a Bates exercise for improving the weaker eye? Or will the weaker eye catch up on its own naturally, eventually?
lou_deg Wrote:Or will the weaker eye catch up on its own naturally, eventually?
Mine is catching up slowly (more than 3 diopters weaker).
The only exercise I do is reading some lines the eyechart with the weaker eye seperatly every morning.
After some time of 'standstill' (at 1 m for the 20/16 line) I could increase the distance to 1,30 m lately (3 x 10 cm) and sometimes, when my good eye has a 'bad day', I can read smaler lines of the eyechart with my weaker eye than with the good eye.
I don't know but my right eye is sort of like a weak contact lens compared to my left eye. It can see 2 or 3 lines further down on an eye chart than my left!
I'm noticing the same thing with my eyes. My righteye isimproving, whilemy left eye seemsto belagging behind. For now, the difference doesn't bother me, but I'm hoping it'll just catch upon it'sown. Not stressing about it-just letting go and 'allowing'things to happen, rather than forcing it.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now