MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Strange twist in vision improvement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange twist in vision improvement?
I've been doing vision improvement for several years... I've posted several posts here before, but I've been quiet lately as theres been a lot going on.

Anyway, I've had a strange twist with my vision improvement and I'm hoping some of you experienced members may have some theories of what's going on.

I've worked my way down from almost -6/-6 (last checkup years ago) to now wearing a -2.50/-2.50 for most tasks. I can typically manage anywhere from 5/6 to 5/10 (or about 20/24 to 20/40) using the -2.50 strength.

Normally while using the -2.50 glasses throughout the day for computer work, after a few hours I will gradually see less and less cleary through them as the day goes on - obviously due to strain. I'll take them off and, as expected, my vision without glasses will also worse than usual due to the strain while wearing them. After a while I regain my usual vision and go back to work with the glasses, rinse, repeat.

Anyway here's the twist...
This last week or so, I'm getting worse with the glasses on much faster than usual. Instead of seeing less clearly within a few hours, its more like half an hour or even just minutes. BUT, when I take the glasses OFF, my vision without glasses is BETTER than usual.

This is an unexpected twist and has me somewhat confused. I can only theorize that I'm somehow now rejecting the glasses? But I've tried moving down to a -2.00 and that doesn't seem much better (and also causes strain because I can't yet see good enough in a -2.00 strength yet).

So if anyone has some good theories on what might be happening, I'd love to hear it. Is this common thing when someone has done vision improvement for a long time? Does it mean I'm doing something wrong, or could it be a good sign?

Thanks!
liquidlight wrote:
Quote: This last week or so, I'm getting worse with the glasses on much faster than usual. Instead of seeing less clearly within a few hours, its more like half an hour or even just minutes. BUT, when I take the glasses OFF, my vision without glasses is BETTER than usual.
A couple of thoughts. Better clearer vision (without straining, like squinting) is always good to me, and declining vision is always worse. This is my barometer of whether or not I'm doing the right things for my eyes and brain on a constant basis, the natural biofeedback mechanism. When I read that your vision is declining faster with glasses at the computer, I first thought it was the declining indoor light this time of year. Then I also thought it's your healthy visual system resisting the artificial "aid" it knows it doesn't really need. This latter point is supported by your vision being better without glasses.

I'd see if I could use even weaker glasses at the computer, or take more frequent glasses-free breaks. I think this is a good thing, your years of vision practice paying off. Nice going!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download