MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Stress

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress
Been a long time but I've been trying to keep my eyesight stable, I've got a bit of a break lately and I thought I would take another crack at vision improvement. I was just wondering, we all experience stress, and it seems that some people try to avoid stress with vision improvement but stress is a part life, external stresses that is. So considering we all deal with this in different ways such as grinding teeth, clenching fist or straining eyes, has anyone here managed to improve there vision, keep it there and not be effected largely by stress In relation to vision. In other words has anyone found another way to channel anger, stress or negative emotions?
Great question, only last week I saw 3 lines further down the chart for 4 days straight and thought it would stay forever, however a little argument I had caused me to tense up so much I lost everything and have not been able to get there yet, I tried to stay calm but I just couldn't. External stresses happen all of a sudden without warning, how does one cross this bridge?
Even the Greats have this problem -- maintaining a state of inner calm is not easy in this busy world! Esther van der Werf (Visions of Joy, http://www.visionsofjoy.org/) told me years ago that when she was travelling to visit family in Holland where she was born she was hassled at Customs and got so upset that she lost her clear vision for several hours. She normally had between 20/10 and 20/15 at that time. Someone who regularly travels with Peter Grunwald (Eyebody, http://www.eyebody.com/) told me they've seen him lose his clear vision when he gets extremely tired or hungry. It's slightly different for everyone, sometimes emotional (anger or fear), sometimes physical (fatigue). It sounds like you know the cause is the "little argument". So journal about it, get some physical exercise to get the frustration out of your muscles, maybe do some EFT or other energy work to move the energy along and free it up. Remember the more you have clear sight as an end goal, the more it may elude you, so I'd focus on maintaining your emotional balance first. This is one of my big gripes about Bates, that he implied once you had "perfect sight" it was a static state and you were done. In actuality, while it does get easier to stay calm, it still takes attention and awareness.
eaglevision Wrote:Great question, only last week I saw 3 lines further down the chart for 4 days straight and thought it would stay forever, however a little argument I had caused me to tense up so much I lost everything and have not been able to get there yet, I tried to stay calm but I just couldn't. External stresses happen all of a sudden without warning, how does one cross this bridge?
Can you clarify "lost everything"? Do you mean you went back to 20/80, or back to 20/400 or worse?
@daniel, by 'lost everything' I mean it went back to 20/80 vision.
@Nancy, Thank you Nancy for the really helpful reply, that is exactly where I have been going wrong, when it goes I have been making my eyesight the end goal to get it back and just when I kinda give up and move on from it, usually around a month or so, another small trigger starts another few days flash at a time when I least expect it. And yes I think mine is to do with emotional feelings anger etc.., because when I am in the flash I am too happy and in bliss to care about my eyesight because I already have it, so it stays, this also confirms it. Going for the opposite of what caused the flash to stop makes sense I never thought of that before, I will try next time to be emotionally happy and relaxed in attempt to bring back that state instead of using that original trigger with no avail like I have been. I will also give EFT a try to reduce anger. Thanks again, this is exactly what I needed.
eaglevision, great! I love your saying
Quote:when I am in the flash I am too happy and in bliss to care about my eyesight
Here's an EFT video that just came out which may interest you, a promo for a series later in the year, with the one and only Louise Hay (the Queen of Affirmations) tapping on her own childhood issues to soften them. http://thetappingsolution.com/2013VideoSeries/?p=1
@Nancy that's quite a powerful video, thanks! I did feel better after it. I'm new to this, am I right in thinking it relieves the emotion for what you are tapping for? because I understand doing it for a negative thought but at the end it says focus on a positive one and tap again. Will this not relieve a positive emotion? or am I way off? I find it easier to understand a bit what I am doing. Thanks again.
Stay with the negative emotion until you feel like it's cleared -- newbies often jump to the positive too fast because it's more comfortable. You can find other EFT videos on YouTube, some good, some not. Basically you bring up the negative emotion so you can clear it (like bringing up the file so you can edit it -- you can't just THINK about editing it!), then install a more healthy positive belief when the space is clear. The tapping helps move the energy through the body, like exercise, or dancing, or deep breathing. Animals shake and tremble after a trauma to discharge it but most humans don't do that so it gets stuck in the body, and often eventually causes disease.
One more EFT video which I may have posted here before, since perfectionism is such a common issue for people with a myopic pattern: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2JIfxe8Nms Carol Look is my favorite EFT teacher, very intuitive, and I've been fortunate to learn from her in workshops several times. The spontaneity of working with whatever comes up, no script, is a great learning experience.
This is really helpful, Thanks!
What I've found to be extremely important in stress management is to just let go. I think we often fixate on concepts and ideas about ourselves and the world that either aren't true or aren't within our control. Anytime a potentially stressful thought or situation comes up just accept it for what it is, do what you can, and surrender to what is outside your control. Let go of your preconceived notions, expectations, and sense of self entitlement and roll with whatever comes your way. If all else fails, just pretend your high all day, but don't be lazy.
Nancy Wrote:eaglevision, great! I love your saying
Quote:when I am in the flash I am too happy and in bliss to care about my eyesight
Here's an EFT video that just came out which may interest you, a promo for a series later in the year, with the one and only Louise Hay (the Queen of Affirmations) tapping on her own childhood issues to soften them. http://thetappingsolution.com/2013VideoSeries/?p=1

Like the video Nancy! Rings home about our step-father. Nice lady.
Another introductory video about EFT with some general tapping, which is also a promo for the Tapping World Summit coming up soon. http://thetappingsolution.com/2013VideoS...page_id=17

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download