MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
consciously created flashes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
consciously created flashes
8 days ago, i discarded my glasses and been employing the approaches in the book. i notice that i was able to consciously produce those flashes that i sometimes experience by making my eyes water, (perhaps the chemical composition of those tears improves circulation and causes relaxation?). i wonder if anyone else here have experience this phenomenon. any comments?  j
look,

My opinion on watery eyes is that it somehow lubricates your eye muscles and that causes your eyes to focus more easily.

Keep in mind as your are a beginner, you must let your eyes see, not force them to see. This is a mistake that most of the beginners make. They have forced their eyes to see for many years, not knowing that forcing to see, or any effort to see is strain and weakens the eyesight.

If you make progress and get real clear flashes, you will realize what we all mean here, and yes you can learn how to consciously relax until it becomes an unconscious habit of seeing.

Elias,
teardrop,

Welcome to the forum!

It's just the layer of tears acting like a contact lens over the eyes. There are other ways for people with myopia to force their eyes into focus for short periods of time too, but they're red herrings. You have to learn to use your eyes the way they were meant to be used. You can't just walk around with watery eyes all the time, right?

Which book are you talking about?

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thank you for the elucidation. It makes perfect sense, relaxation is the key. "The Cure of Imperfect Sight by Treatment Without Glasses" is the book I am referring to. There appears to be another book by Thomas Quackenbush called "Relearning to See", is it worth acquring? 
David K is right, the tear just acts like a lens or lens in liquid form to somehow refract light into your cornea the correct way. We lose our sight because the shape of our cornea has changed, and therefore changes the way light refracts in your cornea which makes your focal point off point. Correct vision is to have the focal point right on the retina. Sorry if that didn't make much sense. What I don't understand is why does this happen, and if we adapted to our environment, can't we adapt back to our original proper eye sight or is it too late after a certain age?
i see it partyly as reprogramming the extraocular neuromuscular pathways which we have adopted over the years via stress and glasses. consider the plastic nature of most of our other organic parts, i am confident with certainty.

i may be over-interllectualizing the subject, my other interpretation of the -mental- aspect of the cure is that we are literally relearning how to see. there is a set of neurological transforms our brain performs when the data hits the retina, with 2 eyes, there are enough redundant information for the system to construct a perfect sharp image, so we are literally rewiring those circuits. the paradox is that unless we have already know what the clear representation is, the process of solving this equation backwards is like a crossword puzzle. one may explain those _flashes_ as the process attempts to pattern match all possible representations and by chance hitting the one we want, as we tune this circuit over time, we can naturally choose this selection unconsciously, achieving perfect vision.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now