MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Question about myopia / constantly dilated pupils

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about myopia / constantly dilated pupils
Hello all,

I'm new in the forum and have known about the Bates method in the end of last year. But, I only begin practising it seriously this year. So far, I have gotten very good results from restricting use of glasses and relaxation. I never felt my vision so good without those damn metallic things in front of your eyes.

I would like to asked a question that has always intrigued me. Is it common in myopic people to see things sharper when almost closing their eyelids? I don't if this is caused by myopia itself or by dilated pupils. In fact, my pupils have always been in a dilated state. They were noticeably larger than normal people's. I did Sunning only two times and, apparently, they reduced a bit (but they aren't normal size yet, though very better than before).

In the past, I asked my ophtalmologist why my pupils were so and if that could not impact in my poor eyesight. I do not remember from any meaningful answer from him. I asked for an eyedrop to reduce pupils size, but he said there was nothing.

Even wearing glasses, my eyesight is poor. I think I have never seen 20/20 in the whole life. The last measurement in January this year was:

(Eye/Spherical/Cylindric/Axis)
Right eye: -4.00 / -2.00 / 15o
Left eye: -4.50 / -2.00 / 160o

Visual acuity (with corrective lenses):
Right eye: 20/60
Left eye: 20/100

Any thoughts? In your opinion, what exercises should I focus more?
Well, Bates did sort a lot of people's eyesight out and I remember noticing that in the Better Eyesight Magazines that a lot of them couldn't see very well with their glasses on either. So I think there is a lot of hope for you too! Perhaps you could study some of those cases for inspiration. That's great you're getting good results and enjoying your vision without glasses. I remember when I gave up glasses I preferred even my new blurry eyesight. It was blissful to see things the right size and have the correct depth of field. The colours were so beautiful and it was a world I hadn't visited since I was a child.

The reason myopic people see sharper when closing their eyes a bit is that it is reducing the field of vision and is akin to squinting unfortunately. This isn't the result we're looking for! I think the eyes naturally start to take on a wider, open, relaxed stance once vision improvement is under way and glasses removed. I have experience of a more dilated pupil in my poorer eye. This eye I have been working on recently. It disturbed me somewhat that this eye's pupil seemed larger than the other. That eye also had poor muscle control and seemed very weak. I gave it a few eye exercises to get it used to moving in different directions. I know Bates had some people with squints do similar. Any way I just did a little of this work just to get the eye moving again. The pupil in that eye still seems dilated though. I too have been doing a small amount of sun gazing too.

Also I noticed that my poorer eye was half closed when I was trying to look at the eye chart with the other one patched up. It wasn't like I did this on purpose either. I then realized it was weak and also cheating a bit lol. I found it extremely difficult to open it up wide , naturally and relaxed though. One thing that has helped me with this recently is watching Meir's yoga for eyes video on You tube about palming. He also does a little massage on the face around the eyes which really has helped me with this problem. Also it has made palming much easier for me now and my bad eye is opening up a bit more when working solo.

So I think probably sunning and palming?
Today, I have my eyes checked up and even if not being able to read 20/100 fully during the evaluation, I won't give up the Bates Method. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong (or not so correct).

I can well notice that my sight is better now than before. I am being able to find transparent objects on white surfaces (which used to be a pain for me) and I am also recognising more faces without glasses. Since I used to have subnormal vision (a vision that can't be corrected with corrective lenses), I'm already prepared for a long training period.

When doing my prescription, the ophtalmologist promptly reduced my myopia to -3.50 in both eyes. I liked that. I just didn't like that, initially, she tried to make me use a -2.50 astigmatism. In the recent past, I had my astigmatism reduced from the same -2.50 to -2.00 and thought it fantastic! In the beginning, I used to see blur, but after a while I begin to see as clear as possible for my standards. So, extra degrees of astigmatism may be useless for me. After a small argument, I managed to get -1.00 astigmatism for both eyes.

Now, I have a reduced prescription for both myopia and astigmatism. I'm going to order a new pair of lenses as soon as possible and keep the exercises routine. Unfortunately, I think I'll need a new (more reduced) pair soon. Does anyone know any way of purchasing lenses without much bureaucracy?
Zenni Optical, http://www.zennioptical.com/ -- you just need the prescription info and the PD or pupil distance, the distance in millimeters between the centers of your pupils when you're looking straight ahead.
http://www.zennioptical.com/prescription
Imagineblack Wrote:Well, Bates did sort a lot of people's eyesight out and I remember noticing that in the Better Eyesight Magazines that a lot of them couldn't see very well with their glasses on either. So I think there is a lot of hope for you too! Perhaps you could study some of those cases for inspiration. That's great you're getting good results and enjoying your vision without glasses. I remember when I gave up glasses I preferred even my new blurry eyesight. It was blissful to see things the right size and have the correct depth of field. The colours were so beautiful and it was a world I hadn't visited since I was a child.
I just loved when said that having a blurry vision is also blissful!!!
Very very inspiring!!
Hey Factus mate,
Since you are improving i suggest not to resort to those eye crutches(glasses). And off-course yes you should visit the optician to get verification to your success of improve but should always put stress on not wearing glasses as long as possible. Even frankly I feel pity upon myself when I have a to wear those glasses in emergency and unavoidable! :Smile :-\
To David, others... I took a partial Optician course from Pennn Fostor to learn how to help people order on-line low cost but professional eyeglasses. Check out what I have learned so far; (Pic link coming soon in few minutes in next post)
If you have any suggestions, experience it will be welcome advice. I have not placed the entire directions on the picture due to space limit.

Some Eye doctors like to withhold PD info. so the patient must buy from them. See zennioptical on Internet for more directions, patient rights.

I would post the pic here on IB if knew how? Lost the directions.
Wordpress weird, slow, can't get into my blog today to link to the picture. So; if anyone knows how to post a pic on here, let me know. I made a good one showing how zenni optical... and my school shows how to determine P.D., eyeglass frames size. Will try to link it tomorrow.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now