MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
daughter stopped wearing glasses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
daughter stopped wearing glasses
My 11 yr old daughter came back home on the school bus with one lens missing from her glasses a couple of months ago. She wore her glasses full time and the power is -4 diopters. Her ophthalmologist and optometrist doctors both insist that it is very important for her to wear glasses full time because of her strabismus. If she can't see things clearly, then her eyes would give up and just drift apart. We had some old pairs she could use in the meantime, but she liked the frame of the one that she lost one lens on. So she just goes to middle school with no glasses. I told her to bring one pair in case she needs it. But she said she sits in the front and doesn't need it. Her eyes are actually more straight nowadays than ever. Vanity has something to do with this, I think she thinks she looks prettier without her glasses and feels better hanging out with boys and girls. I think she realized that she can rely on her eyes and not have to be dependent on her glasses. It must be a feeling of being free. Her vision is worse than mine, but she doesn't even use her glasses at all now. I'm sort of worried but hopefully it will be alright.
That is so sweet! Mucho inspirational!

Lot of kids do this; they ditch their glasses and if they have a nice teacher that lets them sit closer; the effort to see is gone, then the mind, eyes can relax, stress, worry gone; the vision clears. Lot kids grow out of Strabismus when glasses are avoided.

Some of my critics say; Mary you never had much blur in school so you were easy to cure. It's because I hated the glasses, broke them accidently on purpose. My teacher let me sit close to the board. This prevented advanced vision problems.

The effort to get good grades can cause stress when the vision is blurry, glasses cause more strain. No glasses, nice terachers; learning is easier, grades improve.

Bates has a few true stories of children learning frmm him, then curing their friends in school and also teachers, parents.

Phoria directional swings with the bead string and catching, pointing, throwing... games without glasses can help correct Strabismus.

Cross Crawl, infinity Figure Eight swing and other left and right hemisphere balancing, integration activities help.
Perhaps her eyesight is actually quite a bit better than -4. -4 means that things start to blur at a distance of about 25 centimeters (10 inches.) I would think it would be pretty tough to function in school that way, even with a front-row seat. When I was at about that point, I wore glasses only when I needed them, but in hindsight going without glasses most of the time was a large disadvantage in school. Without thinking much about it, I hunched forward to do desk-work, which I now realize made it difficult to concentrate. I was also oblivious to detail, which probably caused me not to understand directions in some cases.

If you're worried, maybe take her to another doctor, preferably without disclosing any specific information about her previous diagnoses.
Daniel, perhaps it's worse. I don't want her near the doctors and their negative energies right now. The best way for her to regain her vision is to do without the glasses. Hopefully she gets by in school fine. Right now she'll go to school 7 days a week if possible. She loves her friends, teachers and schoolwork. But it does make me wonder how she gets by.

Mary, thanks. I like how you accidentally broke your glasses on purpose. I think a lot of the activities they do in Physical Education and the social interaction are beneficial for curing her strabismus. She still has trouble converging her eyes when doing near work like reading books and on the computer. Flat and inanimate are not conducive to binocular vision. Progress is good though. And myopia can only be fought when glasses are removed or reduced.
lou_deg Wrote:Daniel, perhaps it's worse. I don't want her near the doctors and their negative energies right now.
That's understandable, but you're really taking a chance with her well-being. You could take her to a different doctor, without disclosing her previous diagnoses. That way you'd begin from a neutral standpoint. You could watch to see if she changes during the appointment. If her eyes become more crossed than usual, you could let the doctor know that. Maybe the doctor would learn something.
I really agree with keeping your daughter from the negative energies of the docs. She is confident and happy about going without glasses so I think this is a perfect opportunity. Is she practicing with the eye chart too? She doesn't need someone telling her that it is impossible to cure with the Bates Method. If she has got you helping her and she can manage at school without the glasses then why not? Vanity is a great motivator! To be honest she might be seeing a lot better already at school by not wearing the glasses. I remember when my glasses broke at primary school and after a week I thought I could see fine again without them. My mum would get them repaired and would insist I wear them again. I remember protesting saying that my eyesight had got better. It really had but what did I know at that age? I would have been about ten. I think my eyesight would have cleared up ok given the chance. Instead it progressed to around -9 diopters. Seriously don't feel bad at giving your daughter a chance. Besides you could work on the squint yourself with the Bates method. It's very promising that you say her eyes look straighter now. She is probably happier without the glasses and feels more accepted by her peers. Glasses at that age make you feel self conscious and get in the way of play. All the play without glasses at her age will really help with her eyesight too.
lou_deg Wrote:Daniel, perhaps it's worse. I don't want her near the doctors and their negative energies right now. The best way for her to regain her vision is to do without the glasses. Hopefully she gets by in school fine. Right now she'll go to school 7 days a week if possible. She loves her friends, teachers and schoolwork. But it does make me wonder how she gets by.

Mary, thanks. I like how you accidentally broke your glasses on purpose. I think a lot of the activities they do in Physical Education and the social interaction are beneficial for curing her strabismus. She still has trouble converging her eyes when doing near work like reading books and on the computer. Flat and inanimate are not conducive to binocular vision. Progress is good though. And myopia can only be fought when glasses are removed or reduced.

All I needed in high school; (2nd time given glasses) was; huxleys book and just did same thing; dumped the glasses and only thing did was shift; I remeber trying it on a far tree; just move from part to part; it came in clear. Teacher's hand writing an dnew objects can be hard to see clear at first because each teacher is new, their writing different, unfamiliar; unfamiliar objects are often unclear til the brain gets used to them, creates memory pictures of the objects.
Babies do this when fist encountering their parents face, other objects. The brain becomes familiar with objects, stores clear mental pictures.

Computers, espicially the video games give a artificial 3-D and this confuses the brain, way eye muscles work with the brain's direction to converge, diverge the eyes for different distances. My nephew's and niece had same problem from video games and stress in school; blur and cross eye. It corrected itself in time; no glasses, much less computer.
Imagineblack Wrote:I really agree with keeping your daughter from the negative energies of the docs. She is confident and happy about going without glasses so I think this is a perfect opportunity. Is she practicing with the eye chart too? She doesn't need someone telling her that it is impossible to cure with the Bates Method. If she has got you helping her and she can manage at school without the glasses then why not? Vanity is a great motivator! To be honest she might be seeing a lot better already at school by not wearing the glasses. I remember when my glasses broke at primary school and after a week I thought I could see fine again without them. My mum would get them repaired and would insist I wear them again. I remember protesting saying that my eyesight had got better. It really had but what did I know at that age? I would have been about ten. I think my eyesight would have cleared up ok given the chance. Instead it progressed to around -9 diopters. Seriously don't feel bad at giving your daughter a chance. Besides you could work on the squint yourself with the Bates method. It's very promising that you say her eyes look straighter now. She is probably happier without the glasses and feels more accepted by her peers. Glasses at that age make you feel self conscious and get in the way of play. All the play without glasses at her age will really help with her eyesight too.

Like!
Lou;

Check out Phoria swings free on Amaozn look inside for Tom Q. Book;

http://www.amazon.com/Relearning-See-Imp...1556433417

Edti; I goofed; the link works but you have to type in Phoria in the serach inside bar.

Heres another book; http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vision-Imp...0890874719 Janet and Carina Goodrich call it something else.

Just avoid the artificial 3-D (like 3-cups, Magic eye) fusion exercise. I still get poeple contacting me saying they need help for strabismus caused by the 3-cups... A certain way as a last resort has helped some people, children but it has to be specific by a Behavioral Optometrist and a good one. Bates cured Strabismus without the 3 cups stuff.
Daniel Wrote:Maybe the doctor would learn something.
I am not going to bet on this. A few years ago, we were seeing both an ophthalmologist and an optometrist for treatment and guidance. After 9 months of vision therapy with the behavioral optometrist, he was very happy with the progress that my daughter made. She had better control of her eyes, 3D fusion improved, etc. For us, I notice she can watch TV with straight eyes which she couldn't do before. We decided to take her back to the ophthalmologist to get an impartial assessment of the results. She performed her tests just like she did prior to us going to vision therapy. At the end, she concluded that VT has not made any improvements to her strabismus. This stunned me. It angered me. It didn't help that she said this in front of my daughter who did not miss a single VT session and practiced lessons at home. I see the improvement in my daughter myself yet the doctor tells me it doesn't exist. So I tried to tell her perhaps there are other measurements that can be done to identify the improvement. She gave me the coldest stare and shot back, 'Are you doubting the credibility of my methods' or something to that effect. She was ready to throw us out. I told her, no. Her methods were, I am sure, well accepted by the medical community. But I realized that she could not and was not capable of helping us and that was our last visit there. She was actually the third ophthalmologist we tried and we liked her the best. But it didn't work out. Even the optometrist is hard to talk to because he's too busy with other patients. Maybe if I can catch him on a coffee break.
Imagineblack Wrote:Seriously don't feel bad at giving your daughter a chance. Besides you could work on the squint yourself with the Bates method. It's very promising that you say her eyes look straighter now. She is probably happier without the glasses and feels more accepted by her peers.
I have been waiting for this moment. I knew that she can straighten her eyes if she wanted to. But she lacked confidence. She would not look people in the eyes during conversations because she was ashamed of her condition. I just kept telling her that it didn't matter if her eyes are misaligned. She just needs to try because if she doesn't, it will not improve. Now when I look into her eyes, she confidently looks back. And to me, that's what matters most. And she looks happy.
lou_deg Wrote:
Daniel Wrote:Maybe the doctor would learn something.
I am not going to bet on this. A few years ago, we were seeing both an ophthalmologist and an optometrist for treatment and guidance. After 9 months of vision therapy with the behavioral optometrist, he was very happy with the progress that my daughter made. She had better control of her eyes, 3D fusion improved, etc. For us, I notice she can watch TV with straight eyes which she couldn't do before. We decided to take her back to the ophthalmologist to get an impartial assessment of the results. She performed her tests just like she did prior to us going to vision therapy. At the end, she concluded that VT has not made any improvements to her strabismus. This stunned me. It angered me. It didn't help that she said this in front of my daughter who did not miss a single VT session and practiced lessons at home. I see the improvement in my daughter myself yet the doctor tells me it doesn't exist. So I tried to tell her perhaps there are other measurements that can be done to identify the improvement. She gave me the coldest stare and shot back, 'Are you doubting the credibility of my methods' or something to that effect. She was ready to throw us out. I told her, no. Her methods were, I am sure, well accepted by the medical community. But I realized that she could not and was not capable of helping us and that was our last visit there. She was actually the third ophthalmologist we tried and we liked her the best. But it didn't work out. Even the optometrist is hard to talk to because he's too busy with other patients. Maybe if I can catch him on a coffee break.

Alright Lou!!

Sounds like some of those corrupt chiropractors;the eye surgeons just wanted to sell you more unnecessary treatments, make more money. I have often thought that optometrists, other doctors secretly get a kickback $ when they refer a patient to a surgeon for a eye or eye muscle operation. Sounds like your optometrist is honest but the ophthalmologist is trying to put you guys down, burst your bubble so she can make the sales pitch for surgery which is now not needed as your daughter along with the optometrist is curing herself.

That was mean of the dotor to say that in front of your daughter; seems the doctor was hoping the negative statement would bring down the childs confidence, get her to quit her own practice and stay with this new doctor. So cold hearted!

I have a color picture and bracelt made by a little African Amaerican girl and her moter after they correct the childs wandering eye and the mothe=ers sight. One doc told mother she had cataract,need operation. She practice dbates method and is now ok, new doc says no cataract.

I have a few Phoria swing pictures I gave them that helped. They are stilll in creation progress so have not proofread... all info on them. You may have a copy of the pictures; its just the moving light onto the bead string... I will re-read, ABC before sending to you. They are an overhead view of the activity.
lou_deg Wrote:
Imagineblack Wrote:Seriously don't feel bad at giving your daughter a chance. Besides you could work on the squint yourself with the Bates method. It's very promising that you say her eyes look straighter now. She is probably happier without the glasses and feels more accepted by her peers.
I have been waiting for this moment. I knew that she can straighten her eyes if she wanted to. But she lacked confidence. She would not look people in the eyes during conversations because she was ashamed of her condition. I just kept telling her that it didn't matter if her eyes are misaligned. She just needs to try because if she doesn't, it will not improve. Now when I look into her eyes, she confidently looks back. And to me, that's what matters most. And she looks happy.

Character, confidence is now strong!

Have her look into that eye doctors eyes and state the truth, comfirm her experience, positive porgress.
clarknight Wrote:I have a few Phoria swing pictures I gave them that helped. They are stilll in creation progress so have not proofread... all info on them. You may have a copy of the pictures; its just the moving light onto the bead string... I will re-read, ABC before sending to you. They are an overhead view of the activity.

Thanks, Mary. When you get a chance, please email to me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:lou_de@windstream.net">lou_de@windstream.net</a><!-- e --> (not my yahoo address which I don't check).

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now