MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
The state of Eyes & Emotions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of Eyes & Emotions
Hi. I have made a most interesting discovery today !

I'd like to say that it has been most challenging for me to stop myself from staring and to try to move my eyes around in a smooth and relaxed way..  Some days I feel like it's just an unattainable dream..  I have been using my + lenses for computer work and it helps me a lot, but I know on it's own it will not cure my myopia ..

My discovery is linked to me not working on my eyes, but working on my anxiety levels recently.  My anxiety levels have been high recently due to some stress at work and sometimes I've been in panic. During my most stressful periods I notice a definite change in my eyes. My usual stares become more pronounced, almost to the point of feeling like they are not even moving, and my vision is blurry, I guess due to the tenseness of the muscles.

Something that I've learned only recently regarding anxiety, is on the subject of feelings & thoughts. Many people are uncomfortable with their feelings and are  taught that they are bad from the time they have been small.  Thoughts and feelings are actually not to be judged and they are not who we are.  They are just thoughts & feelings. If one starts to judge/condemn/ feel bad/ feel fear about their thoughts/feelings they will experience increased anxiety and even panic because the thoughts/feelings become more pronounced and stuck in your brain.

My recent discovery was while I am learning to accept and not judge/condemn/or fear  my feelings/thoughts (for the 1st time in my life) my eyes have started to unlock ! I have noticed my eyes moving more freely and at ease !!

I don't know if this is too early to tell if this will dramatically improve my vision for me, but for sure there is a link from our emotions to our physical being.. our eyes being a direct reflection of our emotional state.

Is there anyone out there that has shared this experience ?
Christmas Blessings to you all.       :Smile
itsme,

Using the eyes in a tense way is a way to block unwanted emotional energy. I don't know why, but it is. Chronic tension in other parts of the body generally speaking can do that too. But anyway, by doing so you also lose a certain spontaneity. Because if you were to allow spontaneity, that would leave the door open for emotional energy that you don't want. So if you feel like you have to act a certain way, you become a constant actor and are never really as genuine as you could be.

So yes, that's to be expected. And it can clue you in as to why you forced your vision to blur to begin with. It's interesting because blurred vision seems to have a simultaneous cause on several different levels. Each level seems to always include something that seems to be causing the problem:

Physical - Tension in the eye muscles, defocus of the eyes

Mental - Wrong beliefs, such as to do anything well requires effort and strain

Emotional - Fear or anxiety related to seeing, like fear of entering someone's personal space, or repressed memories of seeing something, or emotions being successfully blocked by tensing the eyes

Spiritual - This is harder for me to understand. Maybe ramifications of whether you consider the universe to be a safe place, or an energy blockage in your third eye or other chakras, or a soul lesson about the energy you exude.

So when you start learning to use your eyes right, in a way that doesn't allow for tension, issues of the above levels that are attached to you are suddenly left without grounding, and as they are released to float, you either deal with them appropriately as lies or unwanted things, or you revert back and shove them away again. Usually people repeat the releasing process over and over again until finally things are released for good.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Dear "its me",

Good to hear from you.

I am pleased you continue to work with BOTH
Bates and the plus.

Best,

Otis
Dave - what you say makes whole lot of sense & thankyou for your extra observations regarding blurred vision.  It is actually fascinating, really, how we as humans being are put together!

Alot of my anxiety was related to feeling out of control. For some bizarre reason we think that if we can control our thoughts/feelings that it will help us to be more in control and prevent what we are fearing from happening !  What I am finding is
if I don't fight or give  the feelings/thoughts any special attention they are forced to flit away and in turn this makes me more in control and feeling more calm to follow through on my convictions !  Feelings/thoughts do not control us, our mind, unless we give them power. The power being becoming fearful of them and trying to control them. I guess in this case a really good example would be where someone would ask you to think of say a pink elephant and then they would say not to think of it. Well, that is impossible, you are going to think of that pink elephant immediately!

Today I continued to let the thoughts/feelings just be there, trying not to recoil from them and my body felt so much more relaxed and again my eyes were moving freely and didn't feel the usual tightness in my eye muscles !

I am wondering now    ...what percentage do you think that this whole issue of emotions/thoughts cause myopia ?  I mean probably there are some contributing factors as well, like reading too long without looking up, reading too close,  but can't help thinking about the huge money making drug industry that is feeding all those wonderful anxious people out there - you know what I mean ?  Wink
Thank you Otis for your post.  Yes, I wear my  +lenses for almost the entire day at work everyday.  Whenever I take them off to go for lunch, my eyesight is extra sharp and I love that ! Also at the end of the day my eyes are not way as tired feeling as if I didn't wear them, so that is really great! Anybody who says that the eyes get worse when wearing the +lenses is completely wrong. I have experienced just the opposite. thanks
itsme Wrote:I am wondering now    ...what percentage do you think that this whole issue of emotions/thoughts cause myopia ?  I mean probably there are some contributing factors as well, like reading too long without looking up, reading too close,  but can't help thinking about the huge money making drug industry that is feeding all those wonderful anxious people out there - you know what I mean ?  Wink

I think nearly 100% (just ruling out possible rare deformations and such) of people with chronic myopia have some kind of active patterns that perpetuate the condition, and that any problems would only be temporary if they didn't.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download