MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
More on using an eye chart

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More on using an eye chart
I ordered them yesterday along with a few others. Amazon said I'll get them before Christmas.
We've also started reading through Dave K's instructions for using an eye chart to improve vision. I understand flashing and shifting but I'm a bit lost with the swing. Does it mean you move your head one way and swing the eye chart in the opposite direction or is it just an illusion that the chart appears to swing in the opposite direction ??? (please don't laugh Big Grin).
I think I understand the rest, but the white halos, I've never noticed that and I can see perfectly so that was interesting trying  to explain that one to Stuart Big Grin

We have also downloaded an eye chart which has been stuck to Stuarts bedroom door.

I live in England and some of the books that are really cheap on amazon.com are really expensive for me (£70+) or I just couldn't get hold of them over here. (Just had an order knocked back for Help yourself to better eyesight and relearning to see), but I have ordered Better eyesight without glasses, The Bates method and the 2 books related to children by J Goodrich.
Yes, it's an illusion that the chart or anything else is moving. Certainly you've gotten the illusion when you look out the side window of a car?

That's interesting you don't see the halos either. But like the above, maybe it just doesn't look like you expect it to.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I had a hard time understanding the swing also, but then I figured it out.  Its like standing in front of a pole.  If you step to the right of the pole (or look to the right of the eyechart) then the pole is on your left (the eyechart is to the left of where you are looking).  If you step to the left of the pole, then the pole is on your right.  Hope this helps.
Thanks for that, Stuart has been practising his exercises and we've started seeing the halos!

Welcome to the site, I have found it very useful so I'm sure you will to. Wink

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download