MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
New book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New book
I noticed that Esther at Visions of Joy just published a book about reading without glasses. I wonder if this could be the book that becomes a bestseller and finally propels vision improvement into the mainstream. I think I recall Robert Lichtman saying that once the student understands the principles, presbyopia is easy to reverse, whereas myopia is usually not.
(post deleted at clarknight's request)
I worked with Esther a lot personally when she was interning with my behavioral optometrist here in NY, back before she moved to California where I think she lives on an organic farm now. She's a sweetheart, very caring and giving. She was born in Holland and travels back there at least once a year to see family. Her excellent Visions of Joy website (http://www.visionsofjoy.org/) is in both English and Dutch.

Daniel, I've heard that too, that presbyopia is much easier to reverse than myopia. I always thought it was because myopia starts so much earlier. The poor distance vision habits are more entrenched, and the memory of clear distant sight is farther in the past than that of clear near sight, so more difficult to tap into. Doesn't mean it can't be done!
Nancy Wrote:Daniel, I've heard that too, that presbyopia is much easier to reverse than myopia. I always thought it was because myopia starts so much earlier. The poor distance vision habits are more entrenched, and the memory of clear distant sight is farther in the past than that of clear near sight, so more difficult to tap into. Doesn't mean it can't be done!
Yes, I'm sure that is part of it. It could also be that more presbyopes are able to manage without glasses most of the time.
Thanks for the nice comments on here!! I'm about to fly to Europe for 2 1/2 months, and thought I ought to quickly mention my new book here but see Daniel already did that for me, thanks so much :-)
More information about this book is here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org/readwithoutglasses.htm">http://www.visionsofjoy.org/readwithoutglasses.htm</a><!-- m -->
where you will find various options for buying it. (it is also on amazon now, with their cool 'look inside' feature.
Hope to meet some of you in Europe!
love,
Esther

Esther Joy van der Werf
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org">www.visionsofjoy.org</a><!-- w -->
Hi Mary!
Yes, order the color version of my new book on my website, not on Amazon. Amazon only has the black/white version. A friend of mine is doing shipping while I am away, so you can place your order at any time and I will notify him of the address to send it to. Visit <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org/readwithoutglasses.htm">www.visionsofjoy.org/readwithoutglasses.htm</a><!-- w --> for ordering/payment information.

Thanks for the research too, will look at that after I arrive in NL. Am at LAX airport right now... :-)
love,
Esther

clarknight Wrote:Esther;

I want the 'color'. Is it best to buy from your website, no Amazon?

Paychecks might be early this month and your #1 on my shopping list.

I love that cover! Alright 'Look Inside' is activated!

Mary
Oops, I ordered it from Amazon, but I see now that Esther gets a higher royalty payment if you order directly from CreateSpace.
Most likely, CreateSpace was still used to print the books. If so, the middleman is still involved indirectly.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now