MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Yankes' 20/20 journey - VIB: Visual Improvement Blog

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yankes' 20/20 journey - VIB: Visual Improvement Blog
Hey there,

I'm starting this topic to mostly help me stay motivated to excersises and I want to also share with you my experience about the Bates Method to help everyone around achieve better vision faster.

@update 12.10.2015 starting things off again. -3.75 L and -4.25 R myopic. let's see what training regime will change!
Okay, hello out there. Since this week i started to become really devoted to vision improvement. In this thread i will share with you my experience, probably ask for advices/insights more experienced people and share my training regime.

To start things off, my plan for each day consists of either 30 minute long palming or 2x per 15 minutes each along with 5 minutes of Long Swing. I also do wear weaker glasses at home (for pc, studying, movies) and i wear my normal glasses when i'm outdoors and at uni.

let's see where it will bring me! already excited to abondon those glasses.
update @25-10-2015

have been doing palming sessions several times a week, without much help tho. no significant eyesight improvement, what is worse i sometimes feel my vision being weaker at time during the day.
(10-25-2015, 02:18 PM)Yankes Wrote: update @25-10-2015

have been doing palming sessions several times a week, without much help tho. no significant eyesight improvement, what is worse i sometimes feel my vision being weaker at time during the day.

Not everyone gets benefit from palming,especailly in the beginning. Try something different, as it doesn't help to keep on straining. I found palming not very effective for years, then one day on a fluke just closed my eyes for some daytime rest, to open them with a massive episode of clearer vision. Funny thing is, I wasn't even thinking about my vision when I decided to just rest them, and that's probably why, I wasn't so focused on the result before the result.
(10-26-2015, 03:08 AM)arocarty Wrote: Not everyone gets benefit from palming,especailly in the beginning. Try something different, as it doesn't help to keep on straining. I found palming not very effective for years, then one day on a fluke just closed my eyes for some daytime rest, to open them with a massive episode of clearer vision. Funny thing is, I wasn't even thinking about my vision when I decided to just rest them, and that's probably why, I wasn't so focused on the result before the result.

What do you suggest me to try then?
Quote:let's see where it will bring me! already excited to abondon those glasses.

You can abandon the glasses now. My vision was slightly worse than yours starting out, and I just went cold turkey, and it was the best thing I ever did. If you're at university, it's ideal since you don't have to drive if you're on campus. Only problem is seeing the blackboard in class. You could carry your glasses with you and put them on for a split second to read the blackboard.

I'll never forget watching the TV the weekend I started. It was a Patriots playoff game and the TV was eight feet away. A pass in the air looked like a pixel moving in a straight line across the screen, like some primitive 80s videogame. That's how I knew it was a pass play. If the movement was irregular, I knew it was a running plsy. In real time my mind was forced into imagining more about the game than I could see, which was key. I then looked at the game clock and score, and that also helped me. By the end of the game my vision had totally changed. That was a big part if me dropping half a diopter over a weekend, 4,-4.5 to -3.5,-4. Over that weekend my vision became good enough to breadbasket catch a tenniis ball tossed at me and I was pumped.

After that I never looked back.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now