MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What is your daily exercise routine?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your daily exercise routine?
From what i've read in Dr Bates' book, i should do swinging before and after bed, palming in the evening to rest my eyes and sunning whenever i can throughout the day.

I'm interested however in the routine of the more experienced people here. What do you do throughout the day that contributes to you regaining your sight?

Also, do you still wear your prescription glasses, replaced them with pinhole glasses, or removed all these crutches from your life completely?

Thanks for your help and time. I'm very interested in hearing what everyone can share- especially Nancy, who has always provided helpful advice to all my questions Smile
Persian, the biggest thing I do for my vision is maintain a near-constant awareness of wanting to use my eyes correctly. I pay attention to how my eyes and the muscles around them feel, and if I feel strain I stop and palm or take a break. I walk outside a few times a day taking in the scenery, especially the depth, including overhead in the clouds, or in the far trees. I do spend at least 15 minutes with the eye chart almost every evening, just noticing, not "testing". At the computer I use no glasses or occasionally pinholes, though I can't seem to make a habit of these. I am still leaning forward to see too often, constantly catching myself and straightening up. It's easier with small hand-helds like my phone or a magazine which I can hold closer. I throw in a lot of swings as I walk around the house or in the middle of a weight workout to loosen up. When I have a visual task which could be challenging, like a long drive, I see it as practice, a chance to learn. All my glasses are in the car and the last time I used them was to drive at night months ago -- I don't use them to drive when it's light out. I'm going out soon to do some errands, and it's bright and sunny, so my anxiety will be low and I can focus on the colors and shapes instead of on calming myself. I do EFT every day, sometimes several times, to help with the anxiety. I hope that helps, and what works for you may be completely different. I've found my attitude is more important than a particular exercise, to be relaxed and curious.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now