MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Flooding the Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flooding the Forum
...should not be tolerated, especially when it's not engaging conversation and just using the forum as a platform to campaign and rant about one's own beliefs. People should also respect the categories, and not keep posting things which are not relevant to a category. (occasional mistakes do happen, but really) Aethersky character is a good example of not respecting categories, not respecting other people's views, flooding the forum with their own beliefs while not engaging much conversation. If they cannot respect what this forum is about, they should be restricted from being part of it.
I agree!

He stresses me out and interferes with ability to help nice people that really need it.
i post topics in the right categories and I make valid points that contribute to eyesight improvement

just because you do not like plus lenses and print pushing doesnt mean that you can stop others from posting their opinions. Others don't tell YOU to stop posting your stuff.
You are using the word 'flooding' incorrectly.

I agree with aether on this one. You shouldn't censor people just because you don't like or agree with their opinion. IMO censorship should be reserved for only obvious abuse of a system or fellow members.
(02-19-2014, 02:51 PM)wtfgod Wrote: You are using the word 'flooding' incorrectly.

I agree with aether on this one. You shouldn't censor people just because you don't like or agree with their opinion. IMO censorship should be reserved for only obvious abuse of a system or fellow members.

For example, in the Topic area "Off Topic, - For anything unrelated to vision improvement," can you explain how the two post by Aethersky DON'T relate to vision improvement?? It's just a repeat of the same spouting on other areas. If something belongs in "other theories,' it should stay there. It's quite simple. It's not about agreeing or liking someone's opinion.
(02-19-2014, 04:14 PM)arocarty Wrote:
(02-19-2014, 02:51 PM)wtfgod Wrote: You are using the word 'flooding' incorrectly.

For example, in the Topic area "Off Topic, - For anything unrelated to vision improvement," can you explain how the two post by Aethersky DON'T relate to vision improvement?? It's just a repeat of the same spouting on other areas. If something belongs in "other theories,' it should stay there. It's quite simple. It's not about agreeing or liking someone's opinion.

That would be a far better argument. You did go far, far beyond that though. Big difference between requesting someones post be moved back to a more relevant section (mistakes do happen ^.-) and saying they should be banned from the forum completely.

Again section's aren't even that relevant with the current amount of traffic. Everything could be put in one big pot and it still wouldn't pose much of an issue as even then there probably wouldn't even be 1 full page of active threads.
Thanks, I'll see about moving some threads.

I banned someone a few years ago for endless posting about plus lens therapy, but that was more about him making thousands of posts repeating himself and hijacking every thread. THAT was flooding. Although he was obstinate, he was not young and I think he was losing his mind and didn't realize he was repeating himself.

At this point the forum participation is so low that I'm pretty loose with moderation as long as it isn't abusive. And I'd rather not micromanage anyway. When it's just a handful of people I'm going to pretty much leave them alone.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
The Plus lens stuff really harm's the vision. It's reading glasses and all glasses cause addiction and lead to stronger lenses and not just increased vision impairment; the eyes health suffers.

It would be ok if Astersky were posting around the forum with things that are helpful, healthy, actually helping people, not sending them in a wrong direction that reverses their progress.
Clarknight attacks everything from contacts, eye massagers, minus/plus lenses, ortho k, pinhole glasses. endless rants and rambling about the same thing and attacking people personally becuase i am in some "cult".
I think SHE is losing her mind.
(02-21-2014, 08:56 AM)Aethersky Wrote: Clarknight attacks everything from contacts, eye massagers, minus/plus lenses, ortho k, pinhole glasses. endless rants and rambling about the same thing and attacking people personally becuase i am in some "cult".
I think SHE is losing her mind.

and how is accusing someone of losing their mind NOT a personal attack??
Hey David,

Help us!!

I have to give detailed directions to all my students so they avoid the eyeglass, plus lens sales man Aethersky. I and students love ib but these plus lens people are not the Bates method. This guy is so weird, posting abnormal on many threads, opening old ones created by banned members.

Protect the true Bates method, not these guys that use Dr. Bates name to sell eyeglasses, methods that cause vision impairment and lead to surgery.

This guy is Otis, posting the Plus Lens which he knows leads to cataract.., eye surgery. Is he getting kickbacks $ from opticians, surgeons?
Or is this the 2 men I described in my other posts.

All this typing is such a waist of time. My students have been deciding to stay with me only because they are afraid to come there. I like to advise them to read the old and new posts by David and many honest true Bates method people on here, but now the first thing they see is much plus lens posts and abuse.

For Dr. Bates, his students, teachers;

Matthew, bible;

Behold, I send you out as sheep among wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to councils, and in their synagogues they will scourge you. 18 Yes, and you will be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony to them and to the nations.
Does anyone else find this woman abit weird??

first of all let me be clear about my beliefs:
-active focus/print pushing reverses myopia
- TOTAL relaxation does NOT provide permanent benefit
- plus lenses should be used to eliminate close strain
- bates methods are helpful for active focus.
This is what Alex Fruanfeld recommends. Yes if you strictly follow bates, it may "work", but its probably more time consuming and torture than necessary. Only for the few who can endure it.

Clearly my views differ from otis and his "cult". You attack everyone as a "salesman" and you yourself sell books/other stuff on YOUR website and YOU making a living on "natural eyesight improvemen". The SECRET to eyesight improvement is so profound simple that NO ONE needs "teachers" to help them.
Aethersky is not Otis. Please treat other members the way you would want to be treated, and only address the topics, not the person. I don't care who he is, as long as he behaves himself here.

Philosophically speaking I don't believe in trying to protect people from everything I disagree with. People need to have a bit of discernment.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
hi david, I do not "promote the plus". In fact i believe improvements should be done WITHOUT a plus by print pushing/relaxation/shifting.

I know i did start a few new topics, but i my goal was not to spam in this forum. I believe improvements could be faster combining bates with active focus/focus pulling. And bates DID teach reading the smallest letter on the snellen, but for some reason i noticed few bates teachers/websites really emphasize this.
I realize David's decision.

I will stay off the forum for a while because I 'really' can't post anything on any thread or Aethersky will reply with things that drift away from the true, healthy Bates Method. I don't teach use of eyeglasses, it works against vision improvement so I really can't help people on a thread that get 'commandeered'.

I can get send out healthy things through on Chat, if I do as some people and use a VPN and block cookies to hide my identity, so that's good, BUT; if I post as myself, Aethersky quickly goes after me. He also goes after people that agree with me, making it uncomfortable for other people to post.

Note that I stated that Aethersky could be Otis or 'someone else'.

I hope someday we get a video Chat; if this happens; I challenge Aethersky to a live, 'face to face' debate about the Plus Lens and challenge him to speak intelligently about the True Bates Method LIVE on iblindness. I invite others to join in 'after the first debate'. I will record the video, audio with a screen recorder so nobody can edit, change the original video.

I don't know if Otis was losing his mind but he was definitely going the wrong way. He posted much the same in his younger years, then in older years has become brainwashed, fixed on the Plus Lens. (central fixation without shifting..? ) Bates teachers say eyeglasses can affect the brain, lock in old trauma... that occurred right before the vision blurred. Maybe whatever happen to him was locked in, his experience, emotions, stress, fear...

Maybe he could try some EFT.
(I really cant advise a method to Otis because he has a implanted Myopia eyeglass lens. If his eye shape, vision improves, he will be stuck with that prescription in his eye; it will be too strong, act like too strong glasses; looking though that lens=blur. He seems to be trapped to the addiction of the plus to maintain the strain, abnormal vision in order to see through that implant. And the lasik on the cornea issue.)

I get so mad at him as he advises a method (plus lens) that impairs the vision but sometimes I think ; 'what if he eventually goes blind'? I don't hate him, but we just can't get through to him before... I wish him the best, but also must state; he's got to stop advising a method that has harmed him.

Break free Otis, leave the plus, all eyeglasses.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download