MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hi everyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone
Well im new here, I just discovered this method yesterday. And believe me , im still skeptical, but I would do anything to recover my eyesight. Its bee about 3 years im wearing glass.

I was asking , if i start now... should I stop using my glasses? Because that would be impossible for me since i cant even watch the blackboard in class. :-[ And if i do the palming, how much and how many times should i do it per day?  thank you all very much.
Hi Nadim,

Skeptics often question why no scientific study has ever been done on this. You may know that the Scientific Method is the greatest knowledge filter to man, and its double blind study (one of its RCCTs) is considered unassailable. But let me show you why randomized controlled clinical trials (RCCTs) are incapable of accurately duplicating results of the Bates Method. This is due to the Bates Method being based on the mind "believing" in what it is doing, without subconscious resistance (skepticism). There is no scientific tool to accurately gauge subconscious resistance (skepticism). Vision is largely a mental process (the brain flips the retina's image after birth so we can see things the correct way), and it is skepticism itself that impairs the mind's ability to believe in something. If the brain were skeptical of the world being the correct way down, then we'd still see the world upside-down as the retina (physical aspect of the eye) intended. Science has shown this to be correct, but science is mistaken when it says that Bates method is pseudoscience because that would be hypocritical since how we see is based on the brain's ability to "believe" in what we're seeing.

Skepticism (subconsciously and consciously) would completely undermine any conclusive comparison between the outcomes for the ¨placebo¨ subjects and the experimental subjects in an RCCT. And science is contradicting itself in its own skepticism that Bates Method can work. Makes science itself sound illogical, huh?

I can honestly tell you that the progress I have had is nothing short of spectacular, because I've had immediate jumps in vision from 3/20 to 20/20. This is known as a clear flash, which comes as a result of the mind being able to "believe" in seeing something perfectly. It should make sense to science, but science disregards itself by disregarding the principles behind Bates Method.

You don't have to completely discard your glasses, but it's a good idea to use the glasses only when absolutely necessary. You can try to palm in 5-minute intervals, 6 times a day. Less times per day is OK, but you would have more benefit from doing it more often.

Also, what is your current eyesight vision acuity on a letter chart?... Are you near-sighted, far-sighted, astigmatic, or what? 
Spock Wrote:Also, what is your current eyesight vision acuity on a letter chart?... Are you near-sighted, far-sighted, astigmatic, or what? 

I cant see from far. My last checkup was about -1.75 on both eyes but it has lowered since  :-[. And thank you for clearing things up for me, hopefuly , I will get some good results Smile.
The fear of getting rid of the glasses is one of the reasons of your poor sight.

"How much time I should do..." is a wrong question. Bates method is about changing your incorrect vision habits, it is not a set of excercises.

Please read the original Bates book available here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/">http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/</a><!-- m --> and you will have answers to all your questions.
It sounds like you are a high school or post secondary student, and only 3 years wearing glasses is a lot better than me at 35 years!! 

First of all, you have to be very committed to this for it to work.  Almost everything else you desire must take a back seat - things like peer approval, sports, even driving (take a bus!).  For example, sit as near to the chalkboard as possible.  You must wear glasses as little as possible, and if there are some cases where they are absolutely necessary, then get an under-corrected pair that makes you still legal to drive (20/40 most places would cover it). 

And it helps if you have at least one close friend who will support you through this.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download