MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
son with nearsighted...needs help to improve his vision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
son with nearsighted...needs help to improve his vision
Hi all
My son is nearsighted -200 I was shocked because he was not in school. I was searching for ways to improve his vision and I came across bates method. I have practice the sunning and palming for like a week and I also bought the snelle test card, I like to know what is the best method to improve his vision, he never wear eyeglass... please any suggestion helps
Cathy, hello. I believe you're the same Cathy who contacted me privately about this. As I said already, get him interested in seeing, making it fun, pointing out the colors and shapes and textures. If he feels like he's being tested he may rebel and shut down. I'd keep him out of glasses as long as you can, since they're not good for the visual system. If he absolutely needs them to function in school, have him take them off when he isn't using them. Time outside playing, especially throwing and catching a ball, will be better for his visual system than looking at a computer or tablet or phone. See his blurry vision as a sign from his visual system that he's feeling strain, and do what you can to help him feel relaxed and in control of his life. And I hope he's having fun -- that's what childhood is all about!
Also go to a behavioral optometrist if you can. Google "behavioral optometrist <your area>". A regular optometrist likely won't be supportive, which just makes things harder.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now