MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What i'm doing wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What i'm doing wrong
I'm convinced that my blinks are the culprit to my inability to attain 20/20 vision in both eyes. There was a time when i blinked softer and quickly and my eyes felt relieved of tension. Doing this gets difficult when i have that gritty feeling in my eyes. Is the gritty feeling an indicator that the strain is leaving or more strain is added to my eyes? Also, when you close your eyes and go to sleep, are you supposed to observe the blackness with your eyes closed? One time i tried to observe the blackness and visualize a really small dot while i was half sleeping. It felt really good to my eyes and whole body. My eyes felt fresh as well. When i woke up to read the eye chart, my vision was perfect. Of course it faded after several minutes. I guess i have a feel of what perfect vision and unstrained eyes feel like. The only problem is is that when i tried to attempt this again, it failed.
(08-24-2014, 07:20 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I'm convinced that my blinks are the culprit to my inability to attain 20/20 vision in both eyes. There was a time when i blinked softer and quickly and my eyes felt relieved of tension. Doing this gets difficult when i have that gritty feeling in my eyes. Is the gritty feeling an indicator that the strain is leaving or more strain is added to my eyes? Also, when you close your eyes and go to sleep, are you supposed to observe the blackness with your eyes closed? One time i tried to observe the blackness and visualize a really small dot while i was half sleeping. It felt really good to my eyes and whole body. My eyes felt fresh as well. When i woke up to read the eye chart, my vision was perfect. Of course it faded after several minutes. I guess i have a feel of what perfect vision and unstrained eyes feel like. The only problem is is that when i tried to attempt this again, it failed.

Don't make an effort to observe blackness, either when you palm or go to sleep. A perfect black in an indication of relaxation, but not the cause of the relaxation. So it can't be forced. The first time you visualized that small dot, you probably weren't trying or thinking too much about it, just doing it in a more effortless manner. The second time you attempted it, you were probably thinking too much about it, essentially trying too hard to make it happen. That's when it won't.

Palm, and do some long swings before bed, and when you go to sleep just let your mind drift, drift on pleasant things, imagine movement, either of yourself or of something else.

Blinking can easily disrupt a good clear moment, until you gain enough mental control and awareness of all the tensions in and around your eyes. Then it can become a helper in keeping relaxation. It is well established in the field of neurology that there's a cocontraction of extraocular muscles with voluntary and refllex blinks. So when you blink their is an unavoidable contraction of the eye muscles, a quick discharge of motoneurons. Blinks are also closely connected to shifts in our gaze. So while a blink may seem like such a simple thing, there's a lot going on, on a neurological level, that can disrupt the normal levels of contraction that is associated with a clear flash. You may want to try practicing a lot of soft, slower blinking, with good deep breaths. Shift to the left, right, while you take an easy blink, it's quite normal, and people with normal sight do it frequently. When you open your eyes, imagine big eyes. Myopes make their eyes smaller and smaller by squinting and squeezing their facial muscles. Counteract it just a little, and open them wide, but not unnaturally wide (a mirror will tell you). My uncle who is now in his 80's with still perfect distance vision, always had a slight lift inbetween his brows.... the opposite of a squinter. Be aware of the slightest tensions that want to pull your brows and eyelids down to see better -
One thing I do to help me in the process is to visualize both of my eyes shortening, like the muscles pulling back. It's working wonders and initiating some pretty good clear flashes. I also need to work on looking at small bits of an object or letter at a time. I attribute some of my poor vision to a lack of patience.
(08-26-2014, 12:07 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: One thing I do to help me in the process is to visualize both of my eyes shortening, like the muscles pulling back. It's working wonders and initiating some pretty good clear flashes. I also need to work on looking at small bits of an object or letter at a time. I attribute some of my poor vision to a lack of patience.

The sensation of what's going on in the eyes can be very different for different people. Some may sense a pulling, some a pushing, some a letting go. What we sense the most is probably the vergence movements, eyes converging in, and diverging out. The inside muscles contract to converge, while the outside muscles release tension. While diverging, the inside muscles release, while the outside muscles contract to rotate the eyes to a more parallel position. Steady tonic contractions hold the eyes steady after the vergence movements. Visualizing can probably be helpful, but I don't think it's good to get too involved in trying to physically manipulate the eyes, to think about them too much. People with normal sight rarely think about how they are using their eyes, they just use them, and are more attentive to what's being received by them rather than how they are receiving. The better the eyesight gets, the less one feels or thinks about the eyes. Extraoculars are constant work horses, yet we are largely unconscious of their extraordinary performance. It really is a very delicate symphony of precise movements, and the slightest abnormal tensions can disrupt the whole visual system.

Definitely keep practicing looking at small parts of objects, in slow, easy succession. Too fast and you won't give your visual system time to fixate, too slow and you reinforce an already ingrained habit of staring. Yes, takes patience to briefly pause the movement, and discipline to not stare. Reading is a succession of fixations, definite fixations on tiny parts in, on, or around letters. You mind will have no problem picking up the whole word if you fixate on one part, or shift to a couple parts. But trying to see the whole letter in one glance is a recipe for eccentric fixation, one which is probably already well ingrained. Reading fine print can be very helpful in that regard, as you have to fixate and use the fovea in order to recognize the letters. The larger the letter, the less you have to use precise fixations and foveal vision to still be able to recognize and process it.
(08-26-2014, 12:07 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: One thing I do to help me in the process is to visualize both of my eyes shortening, like the muscles pulling back. It's working wonders and initiating some pretty good clear flashes. I also need to work on looking at small bits of an object or letter at a time. I attribute some of my poor vision to a lack of patience.

When I palm for a long time(15-20 minutes), I like to feel my eyes becoming more relaxed and moist from a slight tearing up. It feels like the back half of my eyeball is becoming "less gripped", the muscles gripping the eye relaxing their hold over the eye.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download