MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How can I give up my glasses?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How can I give up my glasses?
I'm 19 and a freshmen in college and all I want to do is heal my body, which includes my eye sight. Right now mainly I just use my glasses for computer use, college use (most of my time), and driving. How can I give them up...? My eyes always feel so much better without wearing them..

My current prescription is:
OD -6.75 Cylinder -1.00 Axis 82
OS -8.00 Cylinder -0.75 Axis 90

Any places I can go and give up my eye crutches?
You have very high myopia so I would advise you to wear a lowered perscription for close work. Maybe something in the range of -5 to -4 and for distance vision a lowered perscription by -0.5 so -6.25 and -7.5 so you can challenge your eyes constantly. Take out the Astigmatism also. When doing near work always try to do it slightly behind the edge of blur (the point where your vision gets blurry).

You want be able to get rid of this perscription fast. It will take a long time for such myopia to reverse. It probably took years for you to get a perscription like this. But don't give up. Vision improvement is certainly better than wearing glasses in the long term.
(10-31-2014, 10:39 AM)Ricky Wrote: You have very high myopia so I would advise you to wear a lowered perscription for close work. Maybe something in the range of -5 to -4 and for distance vision a lowered perscription by -0.5 so -6.25 and -7.5 so you can challenge your eyes constantly. Take out the Astigmatism also. When doing near work always try to do it slightly behind the edge of blur (the point where your vision gets blurry).

You want be able to get rid of this perscription fast. It will take a long time for such myopia to reverse. It probably took years for you to get a perscription like this. But don't give up. Vision improvement is certainly better than wearing glasses in the long term.

According to Bates,you are supposed to throw away your glasses.
I do not agree with him,but he did not make provision for reduced prescription,although many here have advocated it.
(12-03-2014, 12:25 AM)Bifocal Wrote:
(10-31-2014, 10:39 AM)Ricky Wrote: You have very high myopia so I would advise you to wear a lowered perscription for close work. Maybe something in the range of -5 to -4 and for distance vision a lowered perscription by -0.5 so -6.25 and -7.5 so you can challenge your eyes constantly. Take out the Astigmatism also. When doing near work always try to do it slightly behind the edge of blur (the point where your vision gets blurry).

I do not agree with him,but he did not make provision for reduced prescription,although many here have advocated it.

What is a person with -8D supposed to do? throwing away their glasses is out of the question. Without their glasses they're technically blind. There is no damage in wearing underperscribed glasses. The improtant thing is that light gets focused in front of the retina so the eye gets stimulated to adept.
(12-03-2014, 11:55 AM)Ricky Wrote:

What is a person with -8D supposed to do? throwing away their glasses is out of the question. Without their glasses they're technically blind. There is no damage in wearing underperscribed glasses. The improtant thing is that light gets focused in front of the retina so the eye gets stimulated to adept.

Well said ^^^
(12-04-2014, 12:21 AM)gekonus Wrote:

Well said ^^^

You should maybe listen to what Nancy has written here, for years; she was -10 not including astigmatism, and now rarely depends on lenses. Bates was certainly tough, and didn't coddle anyone - if you wanted to get better, you took your medicine. Plain and simple. These days many don't even realize how spoiled and coddled-minded we have become, in every fathomable way. But it is a fact that he also wrote that lenses were permitted for a time where it was too stressful, (or where there were safety concerns) although it would usually delay improvement significantly. It is also a fact that he, or Emily stated, forget which, that reduced lenses were also used for some patients with success. Careful that one reads all that they wrote. Seems like some just want to get a dig in to Bates or those that promote Bates whenever they get a chance. This forum is not about that. Neither is it about 'edge of blur', and the moderator has made that clear.
(12-04-2014, 02:47 AM)arocarty Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 12:21 AM)gekonus Wrote:

Well said ^^^

You should maybe listen to what Nancy has written here, for years; she was -10 not including astigmatism, and now rarely depends on lenses. Bates was certainly tough, and didn't coddle anyone - if you wanted to get better, you took your medicine. Plain and simple. These days many don't even realize how spoiled and coddled-minded we have become, in every fathomable way. But it is a fact that he also wrote that lenses were permitted for a time where it was too stressful, (or where there were safety concerns) although it would usually delay improvement significantly. It is also a fact that he, or Emily stated, forget which, that reduced lenses were also used for some patients with success. Careful that one reads all that they wrote. Seems like some just want to get a dig in to Bates or those that promote Bates whenever they get a chance. This forum is not about that. Neither is it about 'edge of blur', and the moderator has made that clear.

OK, don't throw away your glasses if you're -8. Use them only when you need them, say to drive. Otherwise use reduced glasses or none. See yourself as not needing glasses at all one day, and keep marching toward that. This is not a quick fix, a pill you take to alleviate the symptom while you continue with your same habits. It is a lifestyle.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now