MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How is your health?Buteyko plus Bates..Improve effectiveness of Bates exercises

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How is your health?Buteyko plus Bates..Improve effectiveness of Bates exercises
If we go back to the fundamentals of Bates "teaching" we can tell that according to Bates most (if not all) eyesight diseases are due to some kind of stress.
What I found in my experience is that my eyesight improves after doing palming or other eye relaxing exercises, but after a short period of time it gets to the starting point.
So my thought is that in Bates Time, we can say in the late 1890s and in the early 1900s people were much more genarally healthier than today.(which in other words could be stated as less stressed, more relaxed).
Last years I read about Buteyko and it's effects on the brain and body (and ultimately mind), and if we compare breathing patterns of today's people or bates' time people we can say that today people breath much more, which means their brain and organs don't get oxyginated, this way people are stressed and develop some kind of disease, like asthma, insomnia, diabetes, etc.

Now I think I understand how to do buteyko's reduced breathing exercises: you breath just a little bit less than you think you need (you have VERY LITTLE air hunger).This way your body oxygination should increase, and your heartbeat BPM should decrease.

You can measure your body oxigination doing the Control Pause test (CP test) search on google.
If after doing the exercises(maybe after 3-4 minutes of the end of the exercise) your CP gets higher and your heartbeat bpm lowers, then you did the exercise effectively.

You should be able to do about 40-60s in the CP test, if you don't it means you are not as healthy, and, in my opinion, I think that it will be very hard for you to get your eyesight back doing Bates exercises.
To improve your CP, which means to improve your Health, you need to do some changes in your lifestyle and not only breathing exercises.

I think that after being able to get CP > 60 and heartrate =< 60, you will be able to improve the eyesight much faster, and even if not, you still should do this to improve your health, relax your mind and body, be fitter etc.

For more info search on google...Personally I get info on normalbreathing, but never did paid consultations or took courses.

I will let you know how I do.
I am 20 years old, always been fit, always been the most performing guy in endurance activities at school and soccer team, but somehow my resting hearbeat is high about 80-85 BPM and my CP is about 20-25.I think it is because I sleep a lot (10-14H/day)
I wil odwhat I can to get CP > 60s and will let you know how it affects my eyesight and eyesight improvements.

Can you guys share your CPs, and heartbeat and eyesight?

(left eye myopia maybe about -3.5, right eye amblyopia as -18 myopia, took glasses off about 4 years ago)
Does breathing really have much of an effect on eye sight? I'm looking into it but just don't believe it will have much of an effect.
(01-01-2016, 06:52 AM)Corked Wrote: Does breathing really have much of an effect on eye sight? I'm looking into it but just don't believe it will have much of an effect.

Personally speaking, the affect is subtle. Breathing deeper may alleviate strain in the body that contributes towards strain in the eyes. However, I'm not sure about the Butekyo method. Kinda skeptical.
I'll have to look into the CP test.
My resting heart rate is about 55 from multiple tests recently.

Wim Hof has an interesting breathing exercise. He was on Joe Rogan last year. I tried it some. He has a particular way of doing it that may or may not be important, but basically he has you take 30 quick deep breaths and then hold your breath for a couple minutes, then take a big deep breath and kind of push it down. The idea is it floods your system with oxygen.

People say that's what cancer is all about, lack of oxygen, or cells going rogue by feeding on the massive amounts of sugar in the blood (from a bad diet) instead of being dependent on centrally regulated oxygen and behaving themselves.

Esther at visionsofjoy.org also teaches some kind of breathing thing that I haven't looked into.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Esther gave me a breathing lesson when she was still in the area, at least 10 years ago. I inhaled against resistance (a tight belt), or held my breath as long as I could, or exhaled for as long as possible. I was much more anxious then than I am now. Personally, I think regular exercise and learning to breathe into your belly instead of your upper chest, plus keeping good posture, are all you need.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now