MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
A quick question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick question
hi there
I became myopic when i was 13 years old, i am now almost fifteen.
im not exactly sure what diopters my lenses are at however my glasses have only ever been changed once. at this point in the school year im getting hammered with hours and hours of homework and im working on taking a break every now and again from the computer when im on it. i tend never to wear my glasses unless i cannot see the board in school, as i think they're a little too strong for me and sometimes give me a headache but my optician says otherwise so w/e.
after reading davids method a few times i found it very interesting and i discovered well i dont have time to practice all of these methods however i do want to improve my vision so i figured i should pick some of the important ones.

in your opinion, do you think my vision would improve if i were to shift, long swing, palm and practice sunning (only in the summer, i live in a cold country that is usually cloudy in the summer)? i would be doing these for extended periods of time, everyday.

i'm really hoping my vision does manage to get to 20/20 and it has recently started to make me very fustrated as i've been getting lots of headaches recently (i know im not supposed to get fustrated so hopefully if i do see an improvement this will stopTongue)

if you have any improvements for me, please post them below.

i would also like to personally thank kirmokin for directing me to this forum, i found it through this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEyOx85...=kirmokin2 he linked this website in the description of the video.

thanks!Smile
(02-04-2015, 02:05 PM)Highlander Wrote: hi there
im not exactly sure what diopters my lenses are at however my glasses have only ever been changed once. at this point in the school year im getting hammered with hours and hours of homework and im working on taking a break every now and again from the computer when im on it. i tend never to wear my glasses unless i cannot see the board in school, as i think they're a little too strong for me and sometimes give me a headache but my optician says otherwise so w/e.
after reading davids method a few times i found it very interesting and i discovered well i dont have time to practice all of these methods however i do want to improve my vision so i figured i should pick some of the important ones.

in your opinion, do you think my vision would improve if i were to shift, long swing, palm and practice sunning (only in the summer, i live in a cold country that is usually cloudy in the summer)? i would be doing these for extended periods of time, everyday.

i'm really hoping my vision does manage to get to 20/20 and it has recently started to make me very fustrated as i've been getting lots of headaches recently (i know im not supposed to get fustrated so hopefully if i do see an improvement this will stopTongue)

i would also like to personally thank kirmokin for directing me to this forum, i found it through this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEyOx85...=kirmokin2 he linked this website in the description of the video.

thanks!Smile

Your best bet is to not use glasses at all.
Sit in the front row in classes.
And not use a computer for anything,except essential school work,and when using it, do not under any circumstances wear your glasses.
(02-04-2015, 02:05 PM)Highlander Wrote: hi there

thanks!Smile

Hi Highlander,

You've come to the right place if you want to learn how to use (and improve) your eyes naturally, and learn about the principles of normal eyesight as advocated by Dr. Bates. He was especially concerned about the eyesight of students like yourself in schools, and spent many years trying to bring his methods into the schools to prevent bad habits from forming, and eliminating them if already started.
That's a pretty well done video of some basic Bates techniques, and how they helped hiim. He highlights some important things - that this takes commitment, you have to really want it; patience - because it can take some time to learn how to correctly apply the techniques, and eliminate bad habits. These habits start without us even being aware, until it has already started to affect our vision. What helped him:

-closing the eyes - he did this for a few months, just to develop awareness of tension in and around his eyes
- palming - learning to see black, resting the optic nerve. He does this at least 20 minutes a day, before and after other techniques, or as a regular rest from using the eyes.
- shifting - learning to shift from point to point, not tracing slowly - but shifting on different parts and edges of objects. Start on larger objects, and when you get comfortable, try it on smaller and smaller things. Look for things with interesting detail, and even practice it in your mind, imagining shifting on things you like, that familiar to you.
- sunning - well, doesn't sound like you get too much sun, but you can always use a bright, full-spectrum bulb. While maybe not as beneficial, it's better than not doing it at all.
- peripheral stimulation, using something to practice using peripheral vision.

Some add'l tips:
Get outside as much as you can, even if you don't have bright sunshine. Walk, get involved in fun activities or sports which engage your whole field of vision and challenge you to use your distance vision. You need physical and mental outlets especially in the higher grades where the pressure and workload is mounting up and up.

Try the different methods of swinging. Swinging is also a good stimulation for the peripheral, as all our stationary tasks can strain central vision and dull peripheral sight, which is just as essential to good vision. Notice oppositional movement all the time, just notice it, don't force it. When sitting stationary in class or studying, keep a steady slow rock/or sway, very short, so as to keep those peripheral rods active, and prevent staring habits.
Get an eyechart and practice the various techniques of shifting and swinging, memory and imagination with it. What is your acuity level now? You get better feedback from eyecharts than most other objects. It should be used daily, along with the other techniques of relaxation/relief.

Remember this is not about repetitions and 'exercising,' but more about becoming aware of our bad habits, discovering what makes us tense, rigid, anxious, nervous, and learning to apply the techniques effectively. One size shoe does not fit all, so you will need to find what works most effectively with you.
Hi,
You can also try the long swing with closed eyes, page 33 in this book:
http://pawlan.com/monica/books/eyes.pdf
It is a good book by the way.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download