MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Centralization Hacks

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Centralization Hacks
I'm so close to 20/20 I can taste it. I believe the current biggest constraint is centralization... rather training it.

What's worked best for you, imprinting the neurological circuitry for centralization?

I got tremendous results changing the font size to as small as the computer screen allowed. Thanks to the recommendations here:

http://www.iblindness.org/forum/finally-...ed-success

But I'm looking to take it further. Any tips for doing that?
I'm not at 20/20 yet but I just tested at -2.0 in both eyes for the first time recently, from the -4s 16 months ago. I'm not sure what most people mean by centralization, but for me being in the reducing axial myopia phase, looking in the center of my field of vision, and working the up-down axis more than the side-to-side axis, seems to be more effective. For example, my long swings in back of the goalie box at soccer games(best if you can see over the top of the goalie box due to being on a hill), are tightened up more than before, certainly not the full 180 degrees anymore.

I've fooled around with the font size. My experience has been the font size can be too small. A font size of 6 in microsoft word is the smallest that works for me. I'd rather have a slightly larger font size of say 8, and be a little further out from my blur point. I think being away at least 1.5 times your blur point is better than being just outside your blur point and using correspondingly smaller print to compensate. Just my experience.
(05-02-2015, 03:22 PM)Sage Wrote: I'm so close to 20/20 I can taste it. I believe the current biggest constraint is centralization... rather training it.

What's worked best for you, imprinting the neurological circuitry for centralization?

I got tremendous results changing the font size to as small as the computer screen allowed. Thanks to the recommendations here:

http://www.iblindness.org/forum/finally-...ed-success

But I'm looking to take it further. Any tips for doing that?

Reading fine print can be a great benefit, IF it can be done with comfort. The main purpose of reading fine print is to help eliminate and avoid mental strain and accompanying physical effort, by reducing our point of maximum vision (reducing eccentric fixation, reinforcing central fixation, or foveal vision). As Ho found, it often takes other relaxation techniques as well to resurrect that ability. He found the long swing most helpful for him. Our neurological circuits and physiology are designed to operate with centralization, or foveal vision. Somewhere along the line we got off the foveal track, and started using our eyes in a functional manner for which it was not designed. The same habits of effort, strain, and fixating on larger areas is easily transferred over to vision at greater distances. Using fine print correctly will bring a great sense of relief, and comfort. Regular use under those conditions will help condition you to using your central vision, even distance vision. Some of the other things your should notice, if you can read fine print with decent clarity, is halos. Known as the 'bridge between imagination and seeing," the better you can imagine and see them, the more it reinforces using your imagination. And the better your imagination, the better your vision. Halos are a simple illusion, and you see streaks of white, and the spaces inside and between letters whiter than reality, if reading fine print relaxed and with clarity. Also see if you can notice the slight, constant motion of letters (optical swing), when you fixate on small areas or parts of letters. It looks like a slight pulsing, or jitter of characters, and is also very restful to the visual system. Practice bringing fine print closer to the eyes as well. Either way, don't go too far outside your comfort zone at once, or you loose the benefit and these illusions for which it meant.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now