MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
longer clear 20/20 flash time

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
longer clear 20/20 flash time
Hi all,

I just completed another book about bates titled "Vision for life" it emphasise alot on sunning and long swing,the author suffers from blindness and he tried bates method when nothing else works.

The first time I read about bates I only try sunning and palming,it works fine but with long swing it seems to hold the flashes longer.
However it will be gone once I blinked,anyone experiences that?
At time I'm so excited I didn't blink for a minute but it hurts like mad I should stop that I think.
(05-09-2015, 06:55 PM)anthony353 Wrote: Hi all,

I just completed another book about bates titled "Vision for life" it emphasise alot on sunning and long swing,the author suffers from blindness and he tried bates method when nothing else works.

The first time I read about bates I only try sunning and palming,it works fine but with long swing it seems to hold the flashes longer.
However it will be gone once I blinked,anyone experiences that?
At time I'm so excited I didn't blink for a minute but it hurts like mad I should stop that I think.

Yes, it's going to hurt if you repress blinking. It's unnatural, the eyes need blinking like the lungs need air. The cornea is packed more densely with nerve endings than any other part of the body. When you starve it of it's essential fluids, irritation and pain are the result. The body's way of communicating to you that this is not right. The cornea also has no blood vessels to nourish, oxygenate, moisten it, protect from bacteria; it gets it though your tears which are spread by the blinking reflex, which also cleans away dust and debris. It may seem like you are helping yourself in the short run, but you are doing your eyes a great disservice in the long run by repressing your blinking. And mentally you will start associating blinking with something negative. As tempting as it is, it's going to take you in the wrong direction. Consider it as one of the things you have demonstrated to yourself as what not to do. Bates frequently used these demonstrations with his patients, suppressing blinking, shifting, trying to see large areas all alike at once.... to the point of pain sometimes. It was the only way to convince some that there was a right way to use the eyes.

Blinking will force the eyes to shift ever so slightly (down and inward), requiring a recovery shift and vergence movement to realign to our point of fixation. It's enough to disrupt a moment of clarity. Done correctly, and in a relaxed manner, it should bring a brief moment of rest to the eyes, as it does for those with normal sight. Since you don't have normal sight, are in a recovery stage, vision is very fragile and unstable The smallest things are going to throw you off for some time. When you gain enough sense of how to blink in a relaxed manner, it will start to become a benefit, and not seem like a detriment. Eventually it becomes a reflex again, where you hardly think of it. Think lightly, softly, frequently. But not so frequently it seems spastic. Some long, real slow blinks are also good, and if you watch people with normal sight enough, you'll catch them doing this unconsciously. Breath deeply, and yawn a lot to keep those recovering eyes nice and moist.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now