MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Core 4: Palming Primer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core 4: Palming Primer
Palming Primer (Relaxation)

Surprisingly, this can benefit or even eliminate serious eye diseases including cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, macular degeneration, and blindness. Eye doctors may disagree, but experience speaks volumes for some people who have tried it and know that it works. I used to have frequent migraines every other day after work, and they disappeared partly because of palming. My eyesight has also improved considerably because of it, in ways our eye doctors would be at a complete loss to explain.

Recently, I was talking to someone who had pain in the eye that had lasted for 4 years. That person had gone to a few eye doctors and couldn't find a reason for it. I decided to describe palming, which has helped me in so many different ways. It involves relaxing the muscular and nerve system in order to benefit the visual system and the facilities of the mind. It can also relieve headaches caused by eyestrain.

Here is part of my reply to that person:

Palming is derived from ancient Tibetan yoga. Palming can help you with the pain in your eye. It's like this... find a table to sit at, put your elbows on the table (use cushioning if it helps you feel comfortable), lightly apply without any pressure your palms over your closed eyes in a way that blocks out as much light as possible, with the fingers of one hand overlapping the other at your forehead. Keep your eyes closed.   

Relax yourself by imagining something very black like the center of a deep space black hole funnel to make the background (with your eyes closed) even blacker. Don't strain while doing this. Breathe deeply through your nose only. Do this about 5-10 minutes several times a day - like 6 times or more, however much you like.

It is important that your hands are warm when you're doing this. Try it the first time by soaking your hands in comfortably hot water for about 30 sec-1 min before you try palming, and you'll feel the heat from your hands enter your eyes and relax the eye muscles.

Palming works because the heat from the hands relaxes both the eye muscles and the optic nerve, which is an extension of the brain. The optic nerve, when relaxed, will also relax the brain. The ancient Tibetan Buddhists did this for their meditation sessions; but it should heal your eye's pain too.
FYI:  Palming can be done for longer than 10 minutes but this is counterproductive for some people. I palm for up to 1 hour sometimes.

It is so relaxing it can make a person fall asleep easily, but that is saying something about how well it works.
How can palming be counterproductive if you palm for more than 10 minutes?  Is it because you get bored or anxious?
Otter Wrote:How can palming be counterproductive if you palm for more than 10 minutes?  Is it because you get bored or anxious?

If I palm for more than a couple of minutes I usually get restless and tense and my vision is never improved when I'm done. Sometimes I seem to have better results from meditating or just closing my eyes.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now