MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I Fear That I Am Wasting My Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Fear That I Am Wasting My Time
Hi all,

I have been practicing this for 6 months. And it seems that most days, I don't feel my vision has improved even a little bit. When I feel my vision might be improving, the next day my vision is even worse, and I wonder if I imagined the whole thing. This is immensely discouraging- I've invested so much time and energy into this- 6 months of effort to no avail.

This is a huge issue because I cannot waste my time. I am at a stage of my life where time is IMMENSELY important, "time is money" as they say, and I can't be throwing a ball in a park or palming for hours when I've got a career to build. That being said, I WOULD be willing to spend all this time and energy dedicated to my vision- I would gladly make the sacrifice- IF and only IF it brings results, and makes my eyes better.

If I thought that my vision weren't being damaged, I'd simply go back to using the computer and building my skills/intelligence, which I'm going to need. But since I feel that extensive reading/computer use damages the eyes, I have severely reduced my time using the computer. Thus, the conundrum... :/.

What should I do now? Please help.
I understand your frustration. A few suggestions: If you are being very active and not seeing results, then try reducing the "chores" and incorporating minor lifestyle changes into your life that are more sustainable. For example, buy yourself reduced prescription glasses and use the computer as much as you want! Just periodically remind yourself "centralize, shift, blink" and palm for a few minutes or give yourself a little face massage whenever you feel tired. Then maybe take off your glasses when you're eating and focus on just relaxing and enjoying the moment. Then in a few months reduce your prescription a little more. This way improving vision habits are a background hum in your life, not an extra commitment.

Another thought is that vision problems are not separate from the rest of you. They are a symptom. So, try improving your health from another angle. Start getting body work - massage, chiropractic, structural integration, alexander technique, whatever works for you. Try some mindfulness classes. There are a lot of talented practitioners out there! And improvements in your overall health will help your vision.

I know how lonely and frustrating this method can be. Hope this helps.

Forgot to mention another helpful habit. Smile often! It's a great stretching exercise for your face. And when you smile, just notice where you feel it. Do your ears move? Does your jaw move? Do your eyes twinkle? How about your forehead? Just gently notice what happens.
No non no! I'm not even reading this to the end. Please go back to your reading, computer use, learning , etc. Those things are not hurting your eyesight! It's the misuse at the distance that created your myopia. Just find time to practice without glasses and don't sacrifice your life please! Big Grin

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download