MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Whiter than the card it was printed on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whiter than the card it was printed on
Quote:When a person with increased tension can imagine a letter "o" with its white center whiter than the card on which it is printed, the eyeball becomes as soft as the normal eye immediately. There are no exceptions. There are patients who have absolute glaucoma, no perception of light, terrible pain, with the eyeball as hard as a stone in which the symptoms, pain or loss or vision immediately benefited when the patients became able to imagine a letter or some object perfectly. It is well known that absolute glaucoma is incurable and the only thing that can be recommended is enucleation when the pain is sufficiently severe.

-Bates article - A STUDY OF IMAGINATION 
http://www.central-fixation.com/bates-me...nation.php

I wanted to break down what happens and what it means to imagine the center of the "o" whiter than the white paper it's printed on, or whiter than the snow on a sunny day. Why does he specify just the center of the "o"? Is he trying to get you to centrally fixate? Can you all describe what you see when you imagine this as he describes? 

For me, I can see the letter "o", and it almost appears as though it's floating in space, yet space that's completely white. I don't really imagine the center whiter than the rest as it seems to be just part of the background, thus the same color as the rest. If I, however, imagine that the "o" is like a picture frame, displaying a picture of a snow on a bright sunny day, then I can see it. So I'm not sure really what I'm supposed to be doing. Obviously, Dr. Bates has some of his most amazing cures through imagination techniques, so there's something to it.

Any experiences or theories?
I think you're right that he wants you to imagine Central Fixation. So since you are looking at the center of the 'o', do imagine, in your case, the picture frame with the snow glowing. The reason is that this way what you're looking at is seen better (more contrast) than the surroundings. And that's how central fixation improves the sight.
It sounds like you're interpreting it as the center of the center and going overboard. He's just talking about the inside of the O being whiter than the area far outside the O.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
(01-19-2016, 08:08 PM)David Wrote: It sounds like you're interpreting it as the center of the center and going overboard. He's just talking about the inside of the O being whiter than the area far outside the O.

Out of curiosity, Are you able to do that?
Also for the black color?
(01-19-2016, 09:26 PM)Yelaina Wrote:
(01-19-2016, 08:08 PM)David Wrote: It sounds like you're interpreting it as the center of the center and going overboard. He's just talking about the inside of the O being whiter than the area far outside the O.

Out of curiosity, Are you able to do that?
Also for the black color?

Sure, I can, but to do it I think the most important thing is how you think about it. Consider what it would look like, and that it's about contrast, and when you contrast any two things their differences are accentuated. So when you imagine it and believe it's the truth, that's mostly all you need to do, and your subconscious mind makes it so.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download