MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
feeling down and don't want to give up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feeling down and don't want to give up
Hello

I was doing the bates method since March 2015 and sometimes I had clear flashes and my vision is getting better but when  I went to  eye doctor today and did the exam for my eyes he said my eyes still the same -3.75. I believe my eyes are better so I felt very down I thought my eyes have improved  to at least -2 but I was wrong. I felt very down  because  one year went for nothing. I don't want to give up because I had very clear flashes for at least 5 seconds sometimes
(07-06-2016, 05:41 PM)moody Wrote: Hello

I was doing the bates method since March 2015 and sometimes I had clear flashes and my vision is getting better but when  I went to  eye doctor today and did the exam for my eyes he said my eyes still the same -3.75. I believe my eyes are better so I felt very down I thought my eyes have improved  to at least -2 but I was wrong. I felt very down  because  one year went for nothing. I don't want to give up because I had very clear flashes for at least 5 seconds sometimes

If you have an eye chart you can measure your vision yourself. I don't know how the doctor measured you, but if he put the original prescription in front of your eyes, you would adapt to it. If you've read Bates you know vision is variable, sometimes better and sometimes worse. I'd just keep going. Eye doctors don't know everything. If you can see more than you could before, you have improved. Another factor may be increased anxiety in the doctor's office, which will make you see more poorly. I'm sure this played a part in my own history of stronger and stronger glasses when I was a kid. If you don't want to give up, don't! Clear flashes of 5 seconds are awesome -- congratulations!
(07-06-2016, 06:25 PM)Nancy Wrote:

If you have an eye chart you can measure your vision yourself. I don't know how the doctor measured you, but if he put the original prescription in front of your eyes, you would adapt to it. If you've read Bates you know vision is variable, sometimes better and sometimes worse. I'd just keep going. Eye doctors don't know everything. If you can see more than you could before, you have improved. Another factor may be increased anxiety in the doctor's office, which will make you see more poorly. I'm sure this played a part in my own history of stronger and stronger glasses when I was a kid. If you don't want to give up, don't! Clear flashes of 5 seconds are awesome -- congratulations!

Hey Nancy well I have chart and have old glasses like -1.75 and with that old glasses I can see the 20/50 line. I think your right anxiety and the very dark room I was in, I also was just shocked that he gave old prescription. When I tried the -3.75 it was very powerful and I really think I  improved a lot. Some how darkness and cloudy days have a big effect on my vision and it make it worse. I had clear flashes that I can see everything so clear maybe 20/20 and It feel amazing I try to hold them but they disappear. I try to forget about my eyes but I can't I am always thinking about them and I try  shifting a lot so I can break the  stare but I don't know why shifting seems like painful for my eyes and I can feel the muscle tension and I would rather stare. I think another issue I have is my mind is not with my eyes, my eyes somewhere and my mind somewhere else , I keep trying to relax

Hey Nancy well I have chart and have old glasses like -1.75 and with that old glasses I can see the 20/50 line. I think your right anxiety and the very dark room I was in, I also was just shocked that he gave old prescription. When I tried the -3.75 it was very powerful and I really think I  improved a lot. Some how darkness and cloudy days have a big effect on my vision and it make it worse. I had clear flashes that I can see everything so clear maybe 20/20 and It feel amazing I try to hold them but they disappear. I try to forget about my eyes but I can't I am always thinking about them and I try  shifting a lot so I can break the  stare but I don't know why shifting seems like painful for my eyes and I can feel the muscle tension and I would rather stare. I think another issue I have is my mind is not with my eyes, my eyes somewhere and my mind somewhere else , I keep trying to relax
(07-06-2016, 08:01 PM)moody Wrote:

You have your own answers if you re-read your words. If you can't relax, your mind somewhere and your eyes somewhere else, this is the opposite of central fixation, and your progress will be slow. Practice looking at what you're looking at, which is NOT staring -- look at the details of it, and all around the edges.

Second and related, "shifting" is moving your gaze, even a tiny bit -- it could be from the top of a letter on the eye chart to the bottom! I'm thinking when you're practicing shifting, you're moving your gaze all over the place without really looking with your attention.

This post may help: http://www.iblindness.org/1411/how-do-i-...-fixation/. And you're doing better than you think. Keep going!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download