MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: lazy eye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: lazy eye
hi, my name is brian i am new to the forum recently ihad my son ryan who is 14s eyes tested  we were informed that ryan had a lazy right eye which there was nothing he could do for it, his left eye is very good. when covering the left eye the symptoms of the right one are similar to myopia. i would be grateful if anybody has an opinion on this.(we live in hope) thankyou.
The theory behind the Bates Method is that most eye conditions are the result of mental strain. The method is about incorporating good vision habits and relaxation into everyday life, and natural vision that you once had will return, given time and commitment to the method.  It's based on years of committed research and studies by William Bates, and anecdotal evidence collected by him.  I believe that lazy eye is covered in his book - under the sections about squint or strabismus.  Go to the main page of this site, and click on How To Begin.  After reading Bates' book and getting started with some of the methods, you can ask specific questions and please do report on progress. 
I was diagnosed with lazy eye at the age of three. For many years I wore glasses and did all sorts of exercises, but the thing that worked best was trying to make the lazy eye worse. Somehow, that relieved the strain that was causing, in my case, my right eye to turn in and double vision. From my personal experience and a few people I have worked with, going to this step first with lazy eye can save years of frustration and suffering.

Actually, the first thing to do is not assume the situation is hopeless because your doctor cannot help.

Robert
Yes

Bates states that one way to relieve strain is straining consciously.
hi its briant again, thanks for the possitive and supportive comments guys, straining to relieve strain sounds interesting, will look into that, cheers.
I have to agree about the straining the eye for relief.  It's like when you need to stretch your arms and legs to feel better. 
My parents didn't provide me with good care and I am now pretty much blind in my right eye as an adult.  I get so frustrated when I get double vision. 
About straining to relieve strain. He didn't mean that the actual process of straining relieved the strain. But that by straining, you can demonstrate that this lowers vision. So your subconcious will tell you not to strain.

Jamie
yeah, or your just filling up strain with positive energy and since in positive energy mode everything is unique it just flows away like water.
Mzero Wrote:yeah, or your just filling up strain with positive energy and since in positive energy mode everything is unique it just flows away like water.

anyway, does anyone know how to get rid of lazy eye?
yeah, practice Bates
oh, please not
:'( I'm sorry
Dear Brian,

Subject:  The generic term "lazy eye".

Quote:hi, my name is brian i am new to the forum recently ihad my son ryan who is 14s eyes tested  we were informed that ryan had a lazy right eye which there was nothing he could do for it, his left eye is very good. when covering the left eye the symptoms of the right one are similar to myopia. i would be grateful if anybody has an opinion on this.(we live in hope) thankyou.

The term "lazy eye" could mean many things.

If it were my child I would ask for more information:

1.  Does one eye "turn" in some way.

2.  It the eye defined at "amblyopic".

3.  What is the Snellen reading for that eye (i.e.,
visual acuity.)

4.  Has a lens been prescribed for your child?

It is my opinion that some things can be done for
the so-called "lazy eye". 

But it is essential to have a better understanding
of what the doctor meant by the words "lazy-eye".

Otis

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now