MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Ongoing, but definite success in my eyes!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ongoing, but definite success in my eyes!
I have been saying to myself for a while that I would start my success blog here but haven't had the time or been waiting for more definitive success. However I have gotten so much good from tbis forum that I don't want to hold back anymore in case anyone else can be inspired by my journey.

I started half heartedly maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but lived in a very dark apartment and was generally stressed out from finances so although I had time I was fairly depressed. But even though I didn't practice I practically scoured this forum which prepared me with the knowledge for a running start when I moved and completely turned my life inside out for the better. I will give more details in future blogs about what I learned here. With that background...

I officially started my healing journey when I moved May 28 2016 to a new, brighter (literally) future. I had no job so I had no reason requiring glasses for the first 2.5 months. This time was well spent relaxing, gazing at trees and in the distance and being incredibly self analytical about how I was using and holding my eyes. My last prescription is -5.25 in my left and right eyes.( A small success that made it easier to know this was the correct course of action is my right eye eas -5.75 until I stopped wearing glasses for 3 weeks a couple years ago. ) i also have astigmatism -2.5 @ 180 degrees in both eyes. 

What I see now is ridiculously better than when I moved, and I will he getting an eye exam before the end of this month. I used to see nothing, things moved and danced when I looked at them, with the image rising up and moving side to side. I have had many headaches since starting to let my eyes relax and see on their own accord, but I attribute i mostly to my nervous system retracing.  It has been the  same pain as when I first waa given glasses. Within a couple days of this pain I always have improvement.

Where I am now is the images move up much less, I can read at times signs from 10-15 feet away when I could only pretend before, although the clear images usually is not where I know it to be. Usually it rises above but the distance is maybe 10% of how bad it used to be. At some point I will make a picture in Photoshop to show what I mean. It is the intense perfect clarity that convinced me my eyes could be healed regardless of where that image moves. 

The biggest improvement has been in my self image. I have never seen myself with my own two naked eyes before.  I did not realize how much that affected me. I am still not clear in the mirror 2 feet away, but I am no longer a shapeless blur. I have eyes, a nose a mouth...and sometimes for a split second it will become clear and I get to enjoy my pupils and irises.

I notice details now like never before. My eyes are not just brown, there is so much colot and variation! I can get lost in the patterns of my kittens' fur, i can look at and enjoy a tree for hours. My impatience in life continues to melt away as I give myself the time to look and enjoy without judgement but always with wonder and awe at the world around me. Every chance I get, which is almost always unless I am very tired, I pay attention to what I am looking at, how I am looking at it and allowing my eyes to move of their own accord as I focus my attention on different things. 

I am very excited but also very nervous to see what my prescription is. At the same time, I already know my eyes are better because I can see it. I don't know what to expect but that is half the fun. I think of this journey, with its pain and discomfort, as a game because that is the easiest way to stay permanently engaged. Life is a game to me, after all :Smile

Details and specifics to come!
Smile 
(10-14-2016, 05:24 AM)egkopin Wrote: I have been saying to myself for a while that I would start my success blog here but haven't had the time or been waiting for more definitive success. However I have gotten so much good from tbis forum that I don't want to hold back anymore in case anyone else can be inspired by my journey.

I started half heartedly maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but lived in a very dark apartment and was generally stressed out from finances so although I had time I was fairly depressed. But even though I didn't practice I practically scoured this forum which prepared me with the knowledge for a running start when I moved and completely turned my life inside out for the better. I will give more details in future blogs about what I learned here. With that background...

I officially started my healing journey when I moved May 28 2016 to a new, brighter (literally) future. I had no job so I had no reason requiring glasses for the first 2.5 months. This time was well spent relaxing, gazing at trees and in the distance and being incredibly self analytical about how I was using and holding my eyes. My last prescription is -5.25 in my left and right eyes.( A small success that made it easier to know this was the correct course of action is my right eye eas -5.75 until I stopped wearing glasses for 3 weeks a couple years ago. ) i also have astigmatism -2.5 @ 180 degrees in both eyes. 

What I see now is ridiculously better than when I moved, and I will he getting an eye exam before the end of this month. I used to see nothing, things moved and danced when I looked at them, with the image rising up and moving side to side. I have had many headaches since starting to let my eyes relax and see on their own accord, but I attribute i mostly to my nervous system retracing.  It has been the  same pain as when I first waa given glasses. Within a couple days of this pain I always have improvement.

Where I am now is the images move up much less, I can read at times signs from 10-15 feet away when I could only pretend before, although the clear images usually is not where I know it to be. Usually it rises above but the distance is maybe 10% of how bad it used to be. At some point I will make a picture in Photoshop to show what I mean. It is the intense perfect clarity that convinced me my eyes could be healed regardless of where that image moves. 

The biggest improvement has been in my self image. I have never seen myself with my own two naked eyes before.  I did not realize how much that affected me. I am still not clear in the mirror 2 feet away, but I am no longer a shapeless blur. I have eyes, a nose a mouth...and sometimes for a split second it will become clear and I get to enjoy my pupils and irises.

I notice details now like never before. My eyes are not just brown, there is so much colot and variation! I can get lost in the patterns of my kittens' fur, i can look at and enjoy a tree for hours. My impatience in life continues to melt away as I give myself the time to look and enjoy without judgement but always with wonder and awe at the world around me. Every chance I get, which is almost always unless I am very tired, I pay attention to what I am looking at, how I am looking at it and allowing my eyes to move of their own accord as I focus my attention on different things. 

I am very excited but also very nervous to see what my prescription is. At the same time, I already know my eyes are better because I can see it. I don't know what to expect but that is half the fun. I think of this journey, with its pain and discomfort, as a game because that is the easiest way to stay permanently engaged. Life is a game to me, after all :Smile

Details and specifics to come!

Good work! Looking forward to the details and specifics. Smile
When I started, my first sight when taking off my glasses for what would be the next two months, was chaos. nothing made sense. Everything was repeated vertically and horizontally, and after paying attention to what I was actually looking at, I realized nothing was blurry until I stopped paying attention . I was actually seeing copies of very clearimages. when I first saw a clear car license plate from my third story window, maybe 70 feet away ( i am bad at estimating distance ) it was perfectly clear. just a full foot above the actual license plate. 

Signs, plants, you name it, everything was perfectly clear but no where near the actual item. this led me to believe that I in fact have perfect sight. Now obviously it is not normal but I knew from then on that I would have normal sight one day. How else can you explain that I could read that license plate at all? So I started working on relaxing my eyes by looking up at the sky and  gazing at clouds. this later made different things apparent : I had a reeeeally hard time looking down at the bottom of things. When I would look at the bottom, ot would lool ok for a millisecond and then would float up in 4 or more copies. when i realized that after a couple of weeks, I started focusing on forcing my eyes in that direction . 

Now, it is definitely counterintuitive to try to force your eyes to do something , but with my strong astigmatism and ingrained habits I knew I had to break the habit. If you have ever read The Name  of the  Wind,  it tells about a boy who is able to split his mind into multiple  parts to accomplish certain things. in essence that is what I did. i had one part pushing against  a bad habit habit and another focusing on relaxation and deep breathing. This would all have been impossible for me without taking long deep breaths often. Everytime I did this for a long period of time it gave me splitting headaches ,  but ones that felt the exact same to when I first started wearing glasses. I was retracing the incorrect rewiring that glasses trained me in . (I have still been makong very good progress but the discomfort is thankfully much less).

More soon!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now