MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Strategy for brain to take over

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strategy for brain to take over
Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted but I want to share another idea I've thought about recently that seems to have helped drastically with the consistency of my eyesight throughout the day and I'm convinced it's the more long term route to recovery.

Sometimes it can be hard to explain what exactly one means when talking about an idea they use to improve eyesight because if taken the wrong way or not implemented properly, could easily worsen eyesight by improving consciousness of eyesight improvement but I'll try to explain in the simplest way I can.

So recently, I was listening to an audiobook called, "The Magic of Thinking Big" and it talked alot about the idea of belief and how it is such an underrated concept in modern society. How can we truly improve ourselves in a certain area if we lack the belief and vision of our end goal? In truth, many of us on the path to self improvement take in the ideas pretty well but fail to actually maintain sight of the end goal so as soon as things get difficult, we give up and think that there has to be an alternate easier path. What we don't realise is that because we are diverting our energy into worrying about easier ways to do whatever it is we are trying to achieve, it isn't allowing us to put in our full effort and attention to the very path we are taking to fix the problem.

Basically this kinda hit home with me, I was looking out of the bus and thought, "How can I see what is there right in front of me in 100% crystal clear vision if I don't even believe what I'm looking at is really there?". You might think from that sentence I'm a little bit mad, of course we know the objects are there but are we really giving the objects our 100% attention when looking at them? That's the only way to know for sure that they are there! Basically, STOP TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED! Start being alot more interested in your surroundings - this doesn't mean to forcefully take in more by moving your eyes around, quite the opposite. Start paying close attention to what you see, even if it is blurry, as it will certainly become more clear if you are curiously trying to decipher what that image actually is on a poster 20 feet away. This is much better at training your brain to reconnect with your visual system as you are literally tasking your visual system for the whole day to give feedback on your surroundings that your brain can take in and decide whether it is interesting or not. Most of the time, we just assume things that we can't see are uninteresting, this is definitely not the case.

Now when there's something I can't see, I don't just give up like I normally would. I say, "well hang on a minute, is there something actually there that I could almost certainly see and be interested in if I were up close?" If the answer is yes, I allow my eyes to rest on that object for the time my subconcious tells me to, not allowing my conscious mind to interfere and move my eyes away just because I can't see it. The brain wants to know what it is, so by moving your eyes away deliberately to rest them on something you can see you are disrupting the natural synchronisation of the brain and eyes. I realise this is difficult to digest but it's a much easier concept than it sounds. It's hard for me to explain exactly what is going on because I'm not really doing anything much different other than having belief in what I'm looking at (the object REALLY is there), belief that I can see it (my eyes were designed to take in my environment, what's the point in having them if I don't use them properly) and allowing my eyes to focus on whatever they naturally rest upon. No longer do I try to look at different distances all day long, that is just interfering with the natural functioning of the eye because for 95% of the time your not really controlling your eyes with your conscious mind and I think that is when they are truly in the rest state. I have found it to be much more important to maintain interest in your environment and don't let your belief slip for one second that you can't see the object or that the object really is blurry.

I know I have came out with a few theories before but I feel like my understanding is getting better each time and this one feels better than ever. It feels like my childhood again. I'm not using my eyes for the sake of using them anymore but to actually engage my brain with my surroundings, constantly looking out for points of interest. Note: I am doing this in my mind.
So instead of moving my eyes, I say to myself things such as, "I believe in what I see is truly there, I want to understand my environment more, I want to know what that material is, is it like material x from (recall specific memory) or is it different?" I think it's important to start linking what you see to memories and other things you have seen as the more you do this, the more interesting using your eyes becomes which is only going to make them better. I've certainly been enjoying my eyesight more than ever for the past week of approaching it in this way. Also, remember, blurriness never matters as long as you can see what is there. Don't think, I can see that but there is still some blur, that is only going to reinforce the fact your eyes aren't the way they should be. Instead think, what is that object, constantly reinforce that thought in your head and don't let any thoughts of blur come into it. Become so curious about the object that it becomes impossible for you to think about your eyes with your conscious mind anymore because your brain has now taken over to decipher what the object is.

Anyway, as always, I hope this helps. Feel free to add anything else that you guys think is important!

David
Thank you for this, I'm just so happened to be thinking about this same subject lately. Having noticed that I tend to live in my surroundings happy-go-lucky and unaware most things around me. If I could just remember to look at things with intention I might start getting somewhere. 

having tried this out for the past few days i am noticing improvements when I convince myself that something is really there.  So weird that I have to remind myself though
(02-18-2017, 07:11 AM)Joshua Wisniewski Wrote: Thank you for this, I'm just so happened to be thinking about this same subject lately. Having noticed that I tend to live in my surroundings happy-go-lucky and unaware most things around me. If I could just remember to look at things with intention I might start getting somewhere. 

having tried this out for the past few days i am noticing improvements when I convince myself that something is really there.  So weird that I have to remind myself though

I've been saying for years, as much to remind myself as other people, "If you don't look you won't see!". The eyes have to be connected to the attention/brain for vision to happen.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now