MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: Blinking whilst walking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Blinking whilst walking
When I ride my bike and blink I always get clear flashes where I achieve perfect vision, but it only lasts for a couple of seconds before it goes away how do I make these permanent. Whats a good routine?
You're the third person I've heard mention getting clear flashes riding a bike. It sort of makes me wonder if it has something to do with the wind, if your windspeed is much at all, but I think it's also conceivable for it to be something like the balanced repetitive movement driving away tension like other cardio exercises like running might do.

For one thing, keep riding.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hi,

I think that the clear flashes may be resulted from sense of movement and goo blood circulation.
Actually, I ride my bike all the time.  It's because your eyes get watery as the wind hits your face, the tears create a small screen over your eyes that acts as a natural contact lens.  When you blink, the screen is removed through the nasolacrimal duct, and you lose the 'clear flash'.

Paul
Well, Paul,

Most people think like that about watery eyes, but I don't think that water can form a contact lense.
Water can not maintain any shape. The "clear flash" remains after blinking sometimes too.

I personally think that it lubricates the eye, and makes you strain less.
Ontiments have the same effect.

Elias
When you cry without blinking, your eyes get watery.  You can notice that it gives you some clarity in your vision until you blink to clear it away.  However, when you cry it actually produces a lot of tear, so in addition to clearer vision it's a bit distorted.  In case of water eyes due to wind, it just gives you clearer vision.
Personally, I think there are two types of clear flashes.  There are tear-induced and muscle-induced (extrinsic muscles).  On many occasions, i had clear flashes without having watery eyes.  These are muscle-induced clear flashes, interestingly enough, they also go away after blinking.

any thoughts?
Paul
I've noticed windy days producing short bursts of clear vision.  I'm tending to believe it's more a result of the tearing to respond to dry eyes, even though I can't "feel" the tearing.  On the other hand, I've noticed riding in the passenger seat of a car, if you look out the side window, I frequently get clearer (if not perfectly clear) vision.  Perhaps some of this would occur while riding a bike?  I think it's sort of version of the long swing-- you're forced to "let go" of what's passing you by since it's SO FAST, your eyes relax, and everything comes into focus, until you look at something ahead and strain to see.
When i'm driving my car and it's a sunny day I get loads of clear flashes. Sometimes so many that i think they might not go away and that i'm cured. Then i can go indoors and look at the eye chart and it's blurry. I am -2D each eye shortsighted. Things are much clearer for me when the sun is out, i don't know why.

Jamie
Jamie2820 Wrote:When i'm driving my car and it's a sunny day I get loads of clear flashes. Sometimes so many that i think they might not go away and that i'm cured. Then i can go indoors and look at the eye chart and it's blurry.

Keep in mind that the process of dark adaptation takes up to 30 minutes to complete.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now