MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: A secret to understanding palming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: A secret to understanding palming
Someone once said this:

When people were in a hurry to get to perfect
sight, [Bates] would keep them in his office all day
long.

I thought carefully about this statement. Bates is not the type of person who would do something without a particularly good reason even if it seems impractical. This is very important and may be the big difference between most/all people of today's society and most people of a society 100 years ago. This may be why some of his patients were permanently cured in a hour.

When Bates kept people in his office all day long, it appears that he is trying to teach people the one virtue they lack that's very crucial for vision improvement: patience.

What's the difference between his time period and ours? Our society is now filled to the brim with impatient people compared to 100 years ago.

Take palming. Many people get impatient while palming. You cannot successfully get results from meditating while palming unless you have patience. Palming is very useful because it teaches you how to let go of any worries, distractions, and the concept of time itself. When you learn to let go of all of them, you are temporarily freed of mental strain for however long the effect lasts. It then becomes easier to think clearly enough to imagine anything perfectly.

If you can eliminate worrying, distractions, and the concept of time itself while palming/visualizing, then your mind will pick up something that will "slow down time" for you: relativity. It is important to understand that time is a man-made concept. Time itself is not a real thing... what is real is relativity.

What is relativity? You know how for young children it seems to them as if summer is forever, while summer goes by too fast for adults. That's relativity. There have been studies that prove the adult brain goes back into alpha, theta, and even delta state while meditating and retains its effects even while the psychic workouts are not in session.

The lower the brain wavelength, the slower time seems. Since time has "slowed down" for you, you have "more time" to learn; and you process more information in that span of time. No wonder children learn faster than adults!

So with palming you get those effects if it's done correct: (1) by learning to be patient, you empty your mind of worries, distractions, and the concept of time [removal of mental strain], (2) with mental strain gone, it is easier to imagine something perfectly, (3) in a relaxed state, you also enter lower brain wavelength and relativity takes place in which time seems longer and you have "more time" to learn, thanks to relativity.

Bates could cure mental retardation- is it any wonder, really?

Two months ago before doing my research, I had been palming/sunning alternately 3-5 minutes each and one day I decided to do it for a total of 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes. The more minutes that elapsed while doing this activity, the more I found that the images in my head became so real that I could almost see them as real as if my eyes were open. I would imagine my grandfather who passed away 15 years ago, and remember how he always used only one specific brand of pencil, those mechanical yellow pencils where you spin the top in order to get the "lead" (in reality, it's graphite) to come out so you can write with it. In my mental world, I observed my grandpa working in his office, writing on a piece of paper. In 10 minutes, the pencil seemed to spring to life even just for a fraction of a second in my mind, and the longer I did it, the more constantly I could hold the realistic image of the pencil. It was actually kind of fun to do.

Then I opened my eyes and looked around and the world was crystal-clear. The effect lasted even while my eyes were open. Not long after this had happened, I was able to easily measure 20/13+ on the chart and could even read one or two letters on the 10 line.
Of all the discoveries that I have made, there is none of so much practical value as the discovery of the importance of the imagination. 

Dr. Bates,  BEM: March 1926--Vol. X, No. 9
Hi Spock,

Where did Bates claim to cure mental retardation? I missed that one.

Robert
Hi Robert,

It's in BEM: April 1926--Vol. X, No.10. The whole issue covers the topic of mental retardation.

He even has a subsection called "Retardation Cure" in that issue.

There's another reference to mental retardation in BEM--Oct. 1920--Vol.III, No. 4. Look somewhere below the picture with the caption "Conus in Hypermetropia" and you'll see that Bates mentions retardation having a lot to do with imperfect sight once again. But the most comprehensive information is located in the April 1926 issue.
Spock Wrote:But the most comprehensive information is located in the April 1926 issue.

I think it's important to note that the kind of mental retardation Bates wrote about is not what we think about it as today but instead what is now known as mild retardation.
Ridley, thanks for clarifying. I thought something was fishy when I saw that so many of the schoolchildren were considered retarded in one of the charts in the April 1926 issue. Maybe it improved attention or something, but I don't see why this can't also help someone who may have medium or severe retardation, even if just slightly.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

Also, what do you think of what I said in the initial post? Any truth to it or is it wrong?
Hi!
I found this post while looking at older posts on this website and I found it very good!
When I palm and I'm rushing or when I don't have time, I don't always get good results, but when I take my time, it is very relaxing and even if the improved vision seems to not last for a very long time, it still helps to lower my general strain level, which is what I'm looking for.

I don't know how people would react in today's world if they were kept in an office waiting for hours. Anyway, Dr. Bates really knew what he did and I think that if we could all do some efforts to stay calm instead of rushing, our world would be much better!

Have a nice day of improvements!
-Alexandre

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now