MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Pressure feeling on the top of the nose

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressure feeling on the top of the nose
Guys, do you remember that funny feeling then you for the first time put on your first glasses? it might last like half an hour, and then it disappears. After training Bates for a while i found out that i can bring back this feeling with help of some concentration. I noticed that while in this state and doing Bates excercises or just simply looking makes my vision more concentrated to one point and also it helps to even out the the vision of my eyes (my right eye usually is weaker and produces more image duplication). also it seems that the vision becomes more 3D, so i think that while in this state the brain merges the image from both eyes more effectively and uses eyes in more balanced way.

Do you guys have any common experiences with this?
Hiya,

I can't really remember how it felt when I put my first pair of glasses on but I have some similar sensations. I've been wearing my reduced contacts (I was -8.5 both eyes to start with) during the last 3 weeks or so, they are a -5.0. A few days ago I got a pressure feeling on both sides of the nose a bit below the point where the glasses usually sit. I dunno if that is a sign that some strain is releasing in the inferior oblique muscles. I can now see the 20/20 line with my -7.5 contacts in good light so I think my muscles have released some tension.

Regards,
Anne
Dear Friends,

I've also had that pressure feeling around my nose, especially the left side. Interestingly, when it happens, I can also breathe better through that nostril. And having a "memory" of  that feeling helps bring it back, improving both my vision and my breathing.

I've also had numerous other unusual feelings such as tingling on one side of the back of my head and a sense that my face is moving around on my skull.

What sensations have others of you had? What does it all mean?

Anne 
Hi Anne,
I have similar experiences regarding the improved breathing part. Also felt tense muscles at the side of my head on the right side. Have not seen any significant improvement yet though, but am more conscious of how I use my eyes. Guess that so long the good habits are in place, improvement will come gradually.

Regards,

Petal
I have noticed the feeling, and know how to make it happen.  In fact, I have used it to breath at night when I have a cold, no longer need the antihistamines.  It is the relaxation of the muscles on top of your eyeball, I figured this out because I also felt a sinking feeling on top of my eyes when it first occured.  Now I know when I am straining because I get stuffy and can remind myself to relax my eyes.  I will be glad when I no longer notice that feeling as that will mean that I have developed the habit of not tensing and the relaxed feeling now feels natural.
But still you'll have a hard time breathing if you have too much mucus in your nostrils
BTW my problems with vision basicly started at the same time as my problems with sinusitis. it would be nice to see if theres any correlation between sinusitis and myopia.  to bad i didnt find any statistical study of this kind. I'm pretty sure the should be at least any correlation with those.

I noticed that this pressure feeling helps to maintain clear flashes longer while blinking (blinking is biggest obstacle for me to keeping clear flashes). also theres les image doubling.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download