MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Using a blanket instead of palms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a blanket instead of palms
I used to use a blanket and put it on my eyes instead of using my palms in palming.  I got sharper clear flashes since my arms or hands dont get tired or too warm and uncomfortable.  Is it ok if u use a blanket?
I think it would be fine, just make sure there's no pressure on your eyeballs. If you feel that it rests your eyes then it must be good, especially if you get sharper clear flashes afterwards. My arms or hands don't get tired or uncomfortable when I palm. Maybe you're making too much of effort at palming? Also, Bates says that if palming is irksome then closing your eyes is almost as beneficial.

Don't make things too complicated. I would suggest closing your eyes while sitting or lying down in a comfortable position and thinking of pleasant memories. Then when you feel that your eyes and mind are somewhat rested, test your memory of a black dot or small letter. Always imagine everything to be moving. (The only annoying thing is that this can make you fall asleep VERY easily. Big Grin)

Good luck
Yeah it makes me fall asleep for an hour if i close my eyes and then it ruins my sleep cycle.

Also Jason, about swinging.  When I swing, can I not think about anything and just swing my body left and right and pay attention to where i look?
Otter Wrote:Yeah it makes me fall asleep for an hour if i close my eyes and then it ruins my sleep cycle.

You shouldn't fall asleep if you sit up and palm for a short time. Palm for 5-10 minutes and then get up and swing or shift your eyes, then alternate.

Otter Wrote:Also Jason, about swinging.  When I swing, can I not think about anything and just swing my body left and right and pay attention to where i look?

That sounds right. Just don't pay too much attention to anything as you swing your body, but notice how you see objects on your right better than on your left as you swing to the right, and vice versa. Also let everything appear to move in the opposite direction as your movement.
Otter, I think you have bad posture if your arms are uncomfortable.  I would suggest using palms for palming once you figure out a good posture.  There is a reason it's called "PALMing".  Having a blanket or covering your eyes just doesn't do it, unless you practice imagination and memory while doing so.  Then it's another story and a different exercise...

Paul

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now