MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My progress so far and looking for some advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My progress so far and looking for some advice
Hello again,

For those of you that just read my last post, you can skip the introduction:

I just began the bates method again after several attempts, which were not altogether unsuccessful, but did not provide me with the freedom to go completely without my glasses when school and work started. Now I'm on I believe the third try during the last month of my summer job, in which I've decided to almost entirely fore go wearing glasses and do as well as I can without them.

During the last period that I decided to try the bates method, which was about a year ago, I practiced sunning, palming and paid diligent attention to oppositional movement. Suddenly one day on a walk while I was paying attention to the swing of objects, I kind of let go of my head so it could move more freely, and I suddenly noticed a marked increase in my three dimensional perception of the object I was looking at. I don't really know how to describe it, as it is probably something that people with normal vision have never experienced, as they see that way all the time, but there are probably many here who have had similar experiences. I don't really want to liken it to a spiritual experience or anything like that, but it was very profound; it was almost like being able to reach out and touch the object, which I believe was a tree, with my eyes. Instead of this flat image, it was this thing that was suddenly alive and popping out at me.

This time around with bates, I've decided to make that three dimensional perception my main focus, and I was wondering what principles exactly are involved. I seem to be able to produce the effect almost at will if I concentrate on what I'm looking at and my movement, but I'm not sure how much of an increase in acuity that in itself will get me. I hope to get it to the point that it's automatic, and it has been easier every time I walk around, especially with cylindrical objects like poles and fire hydrants, as well as trees.

I tried clearing with the Snellen chart, but I had to be so close to even see the top letter that I kind of became discouraged and didn't see much improvement with shifting practice etc.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had advice for me this time. Does this three dimensional vision incorporate enough of the main principles of centralization and movement alone, or should I spend more time focusing on a specific routine? Also, do you think I'd have a better result looking at small text close up rather than a snellen chart?

Well, thanks again for any input. It is much appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download