MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Practising the whole day or 1 time a day?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practising the whole day or 1 time a day?
Hello I'm new here and I have myopia
I'm doing bates method about a week and i hope to improve my eyesight to 6/6 20/20
I'm 14 years old from Israel.
Is there a difference between practising with the snellen card 10 minutes 1 time a day, between practising it 10 times a day for 1 minute? because I like to practise it not for long, about 1 minutes everytime i go into my room. Is that fine?
In 1 minute you have enough time to read down the chart as far as you can, which can be good, but it isn't enough time to practice shifting or anything else at all. I'd say give it at least 10 minutes per session, or don't even bother.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
David Wrote:In 1 minute you have enough time to read down the chart as far as you can, which can be good, but it isn't enough time to practice shifting or anything else at all. I'd say give it at least 10 minutes per session, or don't even bother.

David

what do you mean by shifting and others?
i have a book that someone made based on bates (altough there are missing things like imagination etc)
what he wrote is on the snellen card to practise the centralization.
can you say a little more about the other things?
Dear WindSmoker,

Subject:  Establish your starting point.

Quote:Hello I'm new here and I have myopia
I'm doing bates method about a week and i hope to improve my eyesight to 6/6 20/20
I'm 14 years old from Israel.

It would help if you could post your:

1.  Snellen.  Do you read the 20/60 line (1/2 the letters
correctly).

2. Is your prescription -1.5 to -2 diopters?

If you post this information we can help you work
on vision-clearing -- and getting rid of that
minus lens.

Best,

Otis
otis Wrote:Dear WindSmoker,

Subject:  Establish your starting point.

It would help if you could post your:

1.  Snellen.  Do you read the 20/60 line (1/2 the letters
correctly).
it writes me At 20/60, the images are too small to read on this monitor, you can:
1. Make the letters larger or
2. Stand farther away from the screen (increase distance)
so how can I know if i can read it?

2. Is your prescription -1.5 to -2 diopters?
last time i was checked one eye was 1.75 and the other 2

If you post this information we can help you work
on vision-clearing -- and getting rid of that
minus lens.
i hope, because at monday I'm goingto a therapist with bates method, she's in Israel but maybe you know her, Sima Michaeli so I guess with her I'll get faster improve Smile

Best,

Otis
Dear WindSmoker,

Subject:  Knowledge of your Snellen, and relation
to your -1.75 diopters (average -- both eyes).

In working with your Bates teacher, you will
wish to verify your vision-clearing on your
Snellen.  After all -- that is your true
and final goal.

Quote:2. Is your prescription -1.5 to -2 diopters?
last time i was checked one eye was 1.75 and the other 2

This indicated that your Snellen is between 20/100
to 20/60.

The Snellen provided can be used with your Bates teacher
so you can confirm that your refraction becomes
less, and your Snellen clears.  Since you are
young, your Bates teacher can help you read the
details of calibrating this Snellen.

The term 20/20 means that you read the chart at
20 feet (6 meters), and the the letter size is 3/8 inch
high.

The term 20/60 means that you read at 20 feet,
and the letters are 1 inch high (2.54 cm).

The accepted standard is that you read 1/2 the
letters correctly.

As your vision clears (using Bates), you will begin
to see 20/80, then 20/60, then 20/40.

At 20/40, you will pass most of the DMV tests
around the world.  (Read 3/4 inch letters at 20 feet).

When you go to your teacher, I would review these
remarks on Snellens, and would be interested
in her commentary -- on your ultimate goal.

Best,

Otis

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now