MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Clearer Images On LCD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clearer Images On LCD
Hi All,

I notice that when during blinking and shifting,words on the LCD monitor or TV screen clear up better than hardcopies like books, newspapers or my eyechart on the wall. When seeing some clear text on the tv screen, I tried switching my attention to the eyechart on the wall to check on the acuity, but the letters remain as blur as ever. Why is that?

Confused,
Petal
I'm just guessing, but maybe it's because the screen is brighter. Like, I noticed that for me, things look blurrier when they're in dim light.
Old post here, but I must concur. My LCD screen that I got two weeks ago from Costco has been a dream. At 22", it has reduced my eye strain considerably.  Just before writing this I was looking at an isee.org snellen on my screen at close up and having considerable clearing; then went on to slowly read the standard size type on this site at 20" from the screen face.  Usually, I have to increase it 8 or 9X to read comfortably at this distance. (Once I started to type my vision worsened. )
Brightness is a big help to clarity.  Any relaxation is good relaxation.  My vision may be worse when I get up and walk into the kitchen, but, on the whole, I"m sure this will help progress my vision recovery.
I would recommend LCD to anyone who spends even an hour every day on the computer. Of course, my results are fueled by general increased relaxation of late.
I havent been here for a while because of school.  LCDs do have more crisp and brighter images than CTR. 

I also have a tip for removing stuck pixels on LCD monitors.  Get the back of a pen(or something blunt and slightly firm) and tap it gently on the stuck pixel.  If it doesnt go away, tap it harder for a few more times.  I used a cloth and with my finger dabbed it on the stuck pixel.  I found this tip on wikihow.
LCD screens have more contrast.  As the words on the paper don't have as much contrast as LCD screens, you strain your eyes to see them better.  Similar reason why myopia worsens at night... you strain more to see objects reflecting less light.

Paul

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download