MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Thank you Dave and Blackspot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Dave and Blackspot
Just want to thank David for creating this valuable site and Blackspot for his postings. In my opinion Blackspot is a genius. He said he has become interested in the Alexander Technique. I know a great deal about it and will be glad to exchange information, if he should ever return to this site.
Bates and Alexander complement each other and you can find internet sites where the people teach both systems. In fact I advise everyone interested in Bates to look at the Alexander Technique websites. The psychology and technique are similar. The secret is to learn "non-doing."
Boho,

I'm glad you've found it helpful. Indeed, I find Blackspot's postings very interesting as well. If I ever put a success stories page on the site, I'll want to include his.

There are a lot of great modalities out there like Alexander. I'm more into mental development, poor physical condition can of course prevent further development and shouldn't be ignored - I like to jog, stretch, and I'm currently on a detox cleanse. I haven't ever had an Alexander lesson.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Dave,

I hope Blackspot does look in. Even though he has good vision now he's an inspiration and can help others.
Alexander Technique has very little to do with exercise; it;s a re-education of our coping ability, in a sense. There is a ton of stuff on it on the internet. Type in "Bates and Alexander Technique" and see what you get.
All the best
Bo]
Indeed - What I meant was Alexander has more to do with learning to use your whole body right (from what I've heard) so is more physical than meditative practices.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now