MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Do any of you use this technique?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do any of you use this technique?
Hey everyone. I have been noticing that things have been working out even better for me when I used the nose-pencil helper described in the "Relearning to See" book. Has anyone else here found any progress with it? I noticed in Ridley's success story, he said he traced the edges of things. In "Relearning to See", Tom also says that students often trace the lines and edges of things they see. I've been doing that and pretending I have a nose-pencil that extends out as far as it needs to be or as close as it needs to be, and I have been getting many more clear flashes, especially when I'm outside. I'm still practicing central fixation and blinking as well, but I think that the nose pencil has helped me to centralize pretty well.
    Tell me what you guys think! I've been able to read the 20/20 line even better in decent lighting conditions after doing this. I'm just still waiting for it to be permenant, because I still experience minor fluctuations, but when I'm out side, the clear flashes are happening all day.
Hi Mike,

Edging and the nose pencil are more Tom Quackenbush's thing (I think originally Janet Goodrich's) than anyone else, but if it's working, then what you're doing is certainly more right than not and I'd encourage you to keep it up.

The nose pencil thing does get you to move your neck more and put what you're looking at a line straight out from your face so that your eyes don't have to strain to stay to the side, up, or down while looking at something - some people especially do so when reading a book.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download