MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Were they flashes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were they flashes?
On the second third day of doing relaxation exercises and reading the Snellen chart, I thought I had a flash which lasted for about 3 seconds. A few hours ago today I had a flash again; I was able to see the 40 line at about 6.5 to 7 feet away.

My question is, are they really flashes or was I able to read the letters merely because of some fluke like having the right amount of fluid in my eyes at the time? I don't know if I'm making any sense to you guys, sorry, beginner here. This second flash lasted for about 4 to 5 seconds, when I blinked it was gone.

Also, if I'm not wearing specs in front of the computer, is it ok to lean forward a little to see things clearer? I find that if I can see things clearer my eyes are more relaxed. What do you think?
Hi Marlon,

Doing Bates methods for 3 days and start noticing something is quite remarkable(to me).

I guess you have to figure out if it's the tears that's artificially refracting the light or is it trully a clear flash. But if your eyes are moisted all the while, I guess it's a good sign. Dry eyes are normally the result of strain. Keep your eyes moisted and don't take regard if the clear flash is artificial or real. Because if your eyes are relaxed and moisted(as in your case), then to me it's good news.

Everyone always experience a clear flash then gone after a blink. I think it's normal, but I'm not sure as to why.

Yes it's OK to go nearer to the screen to see things clearer. But be sure your posture is right. Don't hunch, and make sure your breathing is easy, abdominal, slow and deep. The key principle is seeing clearer when we are more relaxed. If we are able to relax or relieve ourselves of strain(that causes defective eyesight), the same amount of degree of clearer eyesight will be reflected instantly. The reason why your eyes blurred back after the clear flash is because bad habits of using your eyes(strain) insisted. That's why we need to practice the good habits of using our eyes so that it becomes habitual once again and we regain back our eyesight Smile .

Just my opinion. Bates book can far more answer your querries. be sure to read it Wink
Dear Marlon,

Subject: Seeing is believeing!

Excellent! You confirmed your vision-clearing on the Snellen -- with
a few days of Bates work.

Quote:On the second third day of doing relaxation exercises and reading the Snellen chart, I thought I had a flash which lasted for about 3 seconds. A few hours ago today I had a flash again; I was able to see the 40 line at about 6.5 to 7 feet away.

Yes, if you saw it -- it is real.

As you do more work with Bates, you will find that the
"flash" (on your Snellen) will last longer.

It just takes time and effort.

Continue to work with your Snellen. Smile

Best,

Otis
Thanks for the encouragement guys, I needed that! ;D
I think the reason this question comes up so often is people often are so surprised by the clarity without glasses and can't believe that it's something that their own eyes can do unaided. Really you can determine for yourself whether what you're doing is improving your vision. Does it make your eyes feel strained? Do you feel more tense in general? Does it feel like your eyes are doing something new, or your vision is doing something that you didn't notice before? Remember, you don't do anything to your eyes to cause clear flashes - it's what happens when you stop doing things to your eyes and they're suddenly allowed to actually do the only thing they were designed to do.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now