MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Any tips for avoiding strain or countering strain?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any tips for avoiding strain or countering strain?
Hi. I was in the grocery the other day and for the first five minutes I felt relaxed despite the blurry vision. Suddenly I felt my eyes straining, I was looking at the floor a lot rather than looking straight ahead (possibly avoiding the blur), my shoulders and neck felt stiff, and I just felt uncomfortable all over. I think it's because I'm still not used to seeing without glasses; the moment I make myself become aware that everything I see is a blur causes my loss of mental control, at least that's what I think happens. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So, any tips for avoiding or countering strain? I find that closing my eyes for a moment relaxes me, and shifting also helps. When I'm relaxed, I figure it's because I've 'forgotten' about my eyes and the blurry vision. The 'forgetting' part is what I'm having difficulty with. I also find that when I'm relaxed my breathing is normal (slow and deep).

Thanks! ;D
Hi Marlon,

I have the same problem of looking at the floor. What I do mostly to relax is to consciously take deep breaths and move my head around. I play little games when I move as to what details I can see such as the shadows in the folds of other peoples clothing and the different colors on labels. It will be different depending on the detail that you are able to see, but the important part is to really feel happy about what you CAN see!
Thanks a lot! ;D

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now